Check Add-On update [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 232995
  • Start date Start date
For me (latest XF version) the login works as it should with beta 8. At the moment no errors.

There:
1664541676259.webp
I miss a link to click on the message and open the ACP with the add-on section... :-) I know what you think, but people like the shorter ways. :D ;)

Last edited:
I miss a link to click on the message and open the ACP with the add-on section... :) I know what you think, but people like the shorter ways. :D ;)
OK
Idea: Add link to the addon page
Where should the link come from?

I was on the road for a few days. I have always read between but would like to know how the situation is.

What problems do you currently have? What other ideas? What do you not like?`

To the login:
There I will improve with texts since here probably confusions arise.

The login is only necessary for the people who want to download automatically. All others can ignore this.

Which login data? The one to the XF forum is needed. NOT the one from the XF account.

Where should the link come from?
The additional link is come from xenforo resources.
The issue is that when I see new update, I would like to get to the add-on page.
Now, when I see an update, I go to the resources page > Resource search > looking for the add-on download page.

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type int
  • src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/XF/Entity/AddOn.php:108
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Sep 30, 2022 at 8:46 AM

Stack trace​

#0 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/XF/Entity/AddOn.php(108): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/zzz/...', 108, Array)
#1 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/Repository/Update.php(193): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\XF\Entity\AddOn->isNewVersion()
#2 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/Repository/Update.php(210): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\Repository\Update->allNewUpdateAddOn()
#3 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/Repository/Update.php(49): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\Repository\Update->isOldCache()
#4 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/Cron/Updater.php(11): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\Repository\Update->rebuildCache()
#5 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(37): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\Cron\Updater::runUpdater(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\Cron->run(8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#9 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 {main}

@dethfire at first, it would be helpful if you have more information about your system, e.g. XF version, php, etc.

Also can you, and everyone else, please use the bbcode code for the error logs? It’s so much easier to read. Thanks…

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type int
src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/XF/Entity/AddOn.php:108
Generated by: Unknown account
Sep 30, 2022 at 8:46 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/XF/Entity/AddOn.php(108): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/zzz/...', 108, Array)
#1 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/Repository/Update.php(193): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\XF\Entity\AddOn->isNewVersion()
#2 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/Repository/Update.php(210): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\Repository\Update->allNewUpdateAddOn()
#3 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/Repository/Update.php(49): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\Repository\Update->isOldCache()
#4 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/Cron/Updater.php(11): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\Repository\Update->rebuildCache()
#5 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(37): X0815\ChkAddOnUpdate\Cron\Updater::runUpdater(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#9 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 {main}

It appears to be trying to log in to a page: YOURSITE/admin.php?index/login-xf rather than logging into xenforo.com
No, because this is a internal route and not a internal link, to a login page or something. It routes the action to something nothing more. I hope this explanation helps.

I think AMPfx can be default ignored... ;-)
1664881960449.png
... it comes with its own information box when new updates are here. :)

This:
1664882097017.png
should be clickable as shortest way to go to my addons page at the ACP. The core way is a two click way... one click to far. ;)

And here:
1664882978868.webp
the same. A Link to ACP > Addons will be fine

Last edited:
A few things I noticed:
  • I get periodically logged out from xenforo.com and have to re-enter my login credentials
  • After updating an add-on, I get a second alert, that there is an update available (happens everytime)

@0815 i got a bunch of errors in the last hours.

XF 2.2.10 & PHP8.0.24

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type int src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/XF/Entity/AddOn.php:91
Generated by: Unknown account Oct 4, 2022 at 12:00

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/X0815/ChkAddOnUpdate/XF/Entity/AddOn.php(91): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 91, Array)
#9 src/XF/Cli/Command/RunJobs.php(59): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 src/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): XF\Cli\Command\RunJobs->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(992): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(255): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(XF\Cli\Command\RunJobs), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#13 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#14 src/XF/Cli/Runner.php(111): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#15 cmd.php(15): XF\Cli\Runner->run()
#16 {main}

Request state
array(1) {
  ["cli"] => string(32) "httpdocs/www/cmd.php xf:run-jobs"
}

I get periodically logged out from xenforo.com and have to re-enter my login credentials
Here the same - thats a little bit nerving. But I think its not to solve without lost at the security side...

i got a bunch of errors in the last hours.

XF 2.2.10 & PHP8.0.24
I use the same combination here, no errors since beta 8

After updating an add-on, I get a second alert, that there is an update available (happens everytime)
What add-ons? I dont can reproduce this here and have many add-on installed here.

After updating AMPfx - its still shown as not up to date. Thats the only one add-on with this behavoir for me.
1664953340586.webp

Last edited:
After updating AMPfx - its still shown as not up to date. Thats the only one add-on with this behavoir for me.
That’s cause the wrong versioning of the AddOn.

Patch Level 5 != PL 5

The coder have to name the version correctly.

Attachments

• 92018FD1-C870-48D6-8EF1-3DE6354DF4A6.webp
    92018FD1-C870-48D6-8EF1-3DE6354DF4A6.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 5
The name of the version should be not used, only the version number. The name is only decorating stuff.
This is not correct! The version number in software is not a decoration but essential and there are clear rules.

In PHP there is an extra function to compare software versions.

That XF additionally uses a version ID is nice. But I have no access to it. Neither here in RM nor in paid add-ons.

If you give the same information on both sides addon.json and RM, there can be no problem with the recognition. For that PHP has version_compare

Basically XF does with the version ID what you actually do with the version number.

1664956035712.png

vs

1664956060748.png

That’s cause the wrong versioning of the AddOn.

Patch Level 5 != PL 5

The coder have to name the version correctly.
I know - thats why I say its better to ignore this add-on. ;-)
It should be normal, that a add-on coder use a clear version number system. In this case, he dosnt do so.

Edit: I mentoid this at his support thread, I hope he read it and use a better versioning next time. ;-)

Last edited:
Will be fixed in the upcoming version. I have found the bug.
celebrate dein song GIF by KiKA

What add-ons? I dont can reproduce this here and have many add-on installed here.
Happens for every add-on I use. Example:

2:53AM: Alert, that there is an add-on update (in this case it was s9e Media Sites)
11:37AM: I update the add-on
12:13PM: Alert, that there is an add-on update (and no, there is none)

Top Bottom