1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Changing the Style background?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Robust, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You need to ask in the UI.X thread for support on this.

3. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

I believe they just use the way XenForo does it. I believe code needs to be inserted into Style Properties -> HTML, but I'm not exactly sure what.

4. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Tried several things, none seem to be working. Perhaps I'm just not doing it right.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You enter it here:
    upload_2014-3-5_17-11-31.png

If that doesn't work with your custom style then ask in the style thread for support.

6. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Hm, mine is a jpg, will that have any issues?

7. Brogan

The image type and extension is irrelevant.
    Just ensure you enter the correct path in the field.

8. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Had a shot, didn't work, to my understanding the path is from the directory my xenforo installation is at, for example /forums/public_html/ so the text in there could be, for example, images/bg.jpg

I've had a ticket open with Audentio for a few days so I posted here. Looks like I'll just have to continue waiting for them. This is one of the last things my site needs done.

FredC likes this.
  9. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

@imagePath/uix/yourimage.jpg

Capture_03052014_145658.jpg
    Straight from the UI-X style properties..

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  10. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

use @imagePath/

11. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help Fred, didn't seem to work :(

12. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Im not sure what your specifically trying to accomplish but if your trying to customize UI-X to your own preferences and disallow user selections you might have to disable the "Ad Styler" before all of your custom setting show on the front end..

Style Properties: └ [UI.X] AD Styler

13. Brogan

Amaury likes this.
  14. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

I have AD Styler off, and I'm just trying to change the background, it's still plain white.

Yeah Brogan, already opened a support ticket, been open for a few days now.

15. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

last thing i can think of is to possibly check the Disable Presets box on the same page as the Ad Styler properties.

16. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Again I would ask in the UI.X thread, there could be a specific way he's setting it in his own properties.
    He's saying post in the THREAD, not submit a ticket. Try the thread release here on XenForo where it belongs. You'll find more users who actually use UI.X that can help you further possibly.

FredC and Amaury like this.