1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Changing Style Property Doesn't Update Style Modified Times

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by pegasus, Jul 10, 2014.

1. pegasus

pegasus Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this applies to any style with a child style, as I have only tried it with the Master Style. I have run several tests.

Given the following styles:
    Master Style
    - Default Style

Expected:
    1. When editing a template in the Default style, the last modified time for Default Style increases.
    2. When editing a template in the Master Style, the last modified time for Default Style increases, if the same template is not modified in the Default Style.
    3. When editing a style property in the Default style, the last modified time for Default Style increases.
    4. When editing a style property in the Master Style, the last modified time for Default Style increases, if the same style property is not modified in the Default Style.

Actual:
    1. Passed
    2. Passed
    3. Passed
    4. Failed

It would appear that the last modified time does not update when the default (master) value of a Style Property is changed. When a CSS template uses said property, the browser does not update its cache because the last modified time has not changed. I am not sure if the CSS result is also cached internally by XenForo, to test if that also updates by last modified time.

My current version is 1.3.2. I did not see such a fix mentioned in the release notes for 1.3.3, so I have not updated to see if it persists.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Fixed, thanks.