Changing Sites

Craig

Hello to all.

I am wondering if it is possible to change the web address that my current license is presently assigned to? If it is possible how do I do that?

Thanks

Is this on the same domain/server or a completely different domain?

If the same domain then just move the files to the new directory/path and update the URL in the ACP.

Don't forget to also update the details in your customer account.

Is this on the same domain/server or a completely different domain?

If the same domain then just move the files to the new directory/path and update the URL in the ACP.

Don't forget to also update the details in your customer account.

Thanks for the quick reply!

However, I am not exactly sure how to go about doing that

Do you actually want to move the existing installation to the new address or is it going to be a completely clean install?

To update your license details, sign in to your customer account and click on Edit Details, just below the Download XenForo link: http://xenforo.com/customers/

Well if there is an existing forum which you want to preserve and continue with then you will obviously need to migrate the database and the /data and /internal_data directories (avatars and attachments).

If not then you can just go ahead with a completely fresh install.

Well if there is an existing forum which you want to preserve and continue with then you will obviously need to migrate the database and the /data and /internal_data directories (avatars and attachments).

If not then you can just go ahead with a completely fresh install.

Then a fresh install it is.... Thanks again Brogan for all of your help!

Top Bottom