1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Sites

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Craig, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Hello to all.

I am wondering if it is possible to change the web address that my current license is presently assigned to? If it is possible how do I do that?

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is this on the same domain/server or a completely different domain?

If the same domain then just move the files to the new directory/path and update the URL in the ACP.

Don't forget to also update the details in your customer account.

3. Craig

Craig Active Member

It would be a whole new domain name and genre. my VPS would remain the same though.

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

However, I am not exactly sure how to go about doing that

5. Brogan

Do you actually want to move the existing installation to the new address or is it going to be a completely clean install?

To update your license details, sign in to your customer account and click on Edit Details, just below the Download XenForo link: http://xenforo.com/customers/

6. Craig

Craig Active Member

I am not sure what the easiest way to go is. Especially considering the issues I had with upgrading to Beta 6.

7. Brogan

Well if there is an existing forum which you want to preserve and continue with then you will obviously need to migrate the database and the /data and /internal_data directories (avatars and attachments).

If not then you can just go ahead with a completely fresh install.

8. Craig

Craig Active Member

Then a fresh install it is.... Thanks again Brogan for all of your help!

9. Brogan

No problem, make sure you download the full package, rather than the upgrade package.