changing or sharing directories

petertdavis

I'm trying to plot out the strategy for what to do with my sites, and one of the things I'm considering is using a combo of Xenforo and Wordpress. So far I have several smaller and newer forums that I've either converted to Xenforo or launched with Xenforo, and it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to add Wordpress to those. One of the things I liked about vBulletin was that I could change the index.php to forum.php and just put Wordpress in the same directory. AFAIK you can't do that with Xenforo. So, on a new site it wouldn't be much pain to just move XF into a sub-directory and use the root directory for Wordpress. However, I have some more significant forums that would be quite painful to make a change like that. So, I'm looking for advice, suggestions, and whether or not the XF developers ever plan on making it possible to change the index.php file like we could in vB. Thanks!

There is no configurable option for that, no. There are addons to change the route of the forum index, but that doesn't change the name of the index.php file itself.

Does Wordpress let you change the index.php file? If not then you will have to use separate directories which is preferable in terms of organization of files.

Yea, AFAIK it is currently not possible with either XF or WP. Dunno if you or anyone else can answer, but if the development team is considering making it possible I would appreciate knowing about it. It's not something that is important today, but when I get to the point that I want to convert my big forums over to XF, then it will be important. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom