XF 1.5 Changing data directory

LandNetwork

Hey,

I've just configured a static content domain for our board and I've found that whilst it is working, new content uploads are not pushed or pulled to the subdomain and so stay the same as they were or don't work.

How would I instruct XenForo to send all uploads to /var/www/static.{domain.uk}/html/forums/data rather than /var/www/{domain.net}/html/forums/data?

Thank you for any responses.

You can control the external data and internal data paths and URL in config.php:
PHP:
$config['internalDataPath'] = 'internal_data';
$config['externalDataPath'] = 'data';
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'data';
These are the default values so these won't be in your config.php file at the moment. You would just add them to your config.php file with the values you want to change the paths.

You can control the external data and internal data paths and URL in config.php:
PHP:
$config['internalDataPath'] = 'internal_data';
$config['externalDataPath'] = 'data';
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'data';
These are the default values so these won't be in your config.php file at the moment. You would just add them to your config.php file with the values you want to change the paths.
I did do this but wasn't sure if internalDataPath would affect the data directory as well as the internal_data directory...?

I've ended up simply changing the web root of the static content server block to be that of my regular domain and then set disallows on everything that isn't static.
That's done the trick!

Top Bottom