Changing "Conversations" to "Private Messages"?

Deepmartini

Can we change the name "conversations" to "private messages"? I think conversations is confusing for the user and private messages is sort of standard wording. Has anyone encountered user confusion over this?

Can we change the name "conversations" to "private messages"? I think conversations is confusing for the user and private messages is sort of standard wording. Has anyone encountered user confusion over this?

Never encountered any confusion over the wording vs functionality of any features on xenforo.

You can do this easily by editing the phrases in the ACP.

This is what Kier had to say recently on the subject:
PM and PC are both valid in XenForo. A Personal Conversation is comprised of several Personal Messages, so you can still send someone a PM.

As Fred has noticed, we have replaced private with personal as private can be misleading as to the nature of the system.

Pretty much everything except XF branding phrase in the footer. I thought of translating it in the language of our board but could not find the phrase in the phrase manager, which fairly tells us not to do so as it might be in the license agreement not to change that.
This is from the License agreement:
All copies of the Software must contain the same proprietary notices that appear on and in the Software, including all copyright notices embedded in the Software, which must remain unaltered from the original and visible at all times, unless by specific prior arrangement with XenForo Limited.

You can of course purchase Branding Removal if you wish, which allows you to remove the visible XenForo copyright notice from all pages.

Ah, I noticed that even branding text is there in the phrase manager but due to License agreement we should not alter it in any way (Not even translating it to other languages).

Top Bottom