1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing "Conversations" to "Private Messages"?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Deepmartini, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Can we change the name "conversations" to "private messages"? I think conversations is confusing for the user and private messages is sort of standard wording. Has anyone encountered user confusion over this?

erich37 likes this.
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Never encountered any confusion over the wording vs functionality of any features on xenforo.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can do this easily by editing the phrases in the ACP.

This is what Kier had to say recently on the subject:

4. Deepmartini

Oh wow we can edit phrases? So we can change anything we want easily and re-name stuff in the software? What else can we change? This sounds cool.

5. Brogan

Pretty much everything.

All phrases and templates are stored in the DB and can be edited from the ACP.

There are quite a few videos here which you might want to check out: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/

6. Deepmartini

This is an amazing piece of software. Everything is so easy!

7. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

Pretty much everything except XF branding phrase in the footer. I thought of translating it in the language of our board but could not find the phrase in the phrase manager, which fairly tells us not to do so as it might be in the license agreement not to change that.

8. Deepmartini

I think you can buy a unbranded version that costs a bit more.

9. Brogan

This is from the License agreement:
    You can of course purchase Branding Removal if you wish, which allows you to remove the visible XenForo copyright notice from all pages.

10. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

Ah, I noticed that even branding text is there in the phrase manager but due to License agreement we should not alter it in any way (Not even translating it to other languages).