Setting threads to "private"

Yes, you can always manually add users to the "promoted" user group. What you have to realize is if there are criteria that remove those users from the group via a promotion (or actually "demotion") those manually added users will not be removed.
Once you set the criteria... once the Promotions cron job runs, they should be promoted.. IF they have logged in recently.
If they have not logged in recently, the promotion will not take affect until they have logged in and THEN the promotion runs CRON runs again.

Thank you. So I just wait for the promotions cron to run - does that happen automatically when someone logs in then - or just once and then runs again if someone logs in?

So - when I go to set the node permissions, my promoted group isn't showing up. Would that be because nobody is eligible to be promoted yet? I'll add myself to it!

Thank you. So I just wait for the promotions cron to run - does that happen automatically when someone logs in then - or just once and then runs again if someone logs in?
As a CRON.. it runs on a schedule.

I think (don't take this as gospel) it runs once an hour by default.

So - when I go to set the node permissions, my promoted group isn't showing up. Would that be because nobody is eligible to be promoted yet? I'll add myself to it!
You need to learn a little patience if you want to test if it is working correctly.

Thanks. I'm not able to add someone manually to the user group promotion at the moment either. I just get Oops! We ran into some problems. The requested page could not be found. Assume that's because the CRON hasn't run yet also?

Does this look right for the user promotion group? For all registered users to be promoted after 90 days.

Attachments

• Promotion group 2.webp
    Promotion group 2.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 2
Thanks. I'm not able to add someone manually to the user group promotion at the moment either. I just get Oops! We ran into some problems. The requested page could not be found. Assume that's because the CRON hasn't run yet also?
You don't add them to the promotion.. you add them manually as a secondary group.

Don't understand :rolleyes:. So if I've set up that promotion for all registered members to be promoted to that group after 90 days, and I want to override that by adding someone before the 90 days, how do I add them please?

You simply manually add them to that group as a secondary group.
The promotion does that very thing automatically.

Ok I think I realise what I've done now. I need to set up the user group to promote, and then set up the user group promotion. My brain is not working today. I thought setting up the user group promotion was it. Is that it?

So then my promoted user group will be set to yes permissions in the node and everyone in the registered group that isn't promoted will be set to no in the node permissions. Is that right?

No - I'll need to set permissions in the new user group as well won't I. They should be the same as the registered group actually and just the node permissions changing for the registered and new group - I think.

So I have

1) Set up new user group. Left all permissions as no (so registered permissions override yes?)
2) Set up user group promotion for that group with 90 day criteria set
3) Gone into some users accounts and added them to the new group so they don't wait 90 days - is that right?
4) Then go into node permissions and set yes for new user group and no for registered group

Done and working. Thank you for your patience! I have set a user promotion before but not for a node and forgot the most basic essential bit.

Top Bottom