XF 1.4 Changing Avatar Size

Update:

I figured out the issue but I still need help.

I found out that if I upload a large image, it doesn't crop it to 200x200 to fit the avatar size. So I'm wondering if Xenforo has something to fix that?

I read somewhere that we should drag the image and it will crop for us but I tried that and it doesn't change the image at all. I'd like some help with that please.

________

Hello,

I am trying to change my avatar size to be 200x200 and have followed the instructions from the following link: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/avatars-big-tall.1741/

While it is now 200x200. I noticed that when I post a message on the forum, the image is squished (uploaded an example titled "wrongsize" - excuse the mess in the background, i'm still working on reskinning). On my member card, the image is not squished and it looks like how it should (uploaded the example as "rightsize").

So I am wondering if I missed a step or if there's another way to resize my avatars to 200x200 without compromising the quality of a photo when posting a message. I'm not sure if this is a resizing or cropping issure but some help would be nice! :)

Thank you.

Attachments

• rightsize.webp
    rightsize.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 9
  • wrongsize.webp
    wrongsize.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
While it is now 200x200. I noticed that when I post a message on the forum, the image is squished (uploaded an example titled "wrongsize" - excuse the mess in the background, i'm still working on reskinning). On my member card, the image is not squished and it looks like how it should (uploaded the example as "rightsize").

I have the same problem on my forum. The image on the member card is a rectangle and the image in the user post avatar is square. When that happens it squishes the image to fit the square rather than cropping the edges.

The only way around it is to encourage users to use square 200x200 images.

If you find a solution, I'd be very interested.

Top Bottom