Changing Avatar Resolution

I would assume he is, yes. But the postbit just downscales the Avatar in general, which I believe by default can be up to 200×200 px in size.

I still hope the Avatars get an overhaul... Support both transparency and .png.

You will need to make template edits if you want to increase the size of the avatar in the message template.

The maximum size on the profile page is actually 192x384 px so your members would be better off uploading new avatars anyway.

The problem with how it is now, is that the avatars gets resized and converted to jpg. For photos this isn't much of a problem, but for logos and such it will just look bad, unless you make it specifically in 96x96 dimension. I also prefer making avatars in png to maintain image quality. An admin set avatar dimension for postbit, and that you can use png images gets my vote.

The problem with how it is now, is that the avatars gets resized and converted to jpg. For photos this isn't much of a problem, but for logos and such it will just look bad, unless you make it specifically in 96x96 dimension. I also prefer making avatars in png to maintain image quality. An admin set avatar dimension for postbit, and that you can use png images gets my vote.
Exactly... I've been saying for a while now that .png Avatars need to be supported. I'm really not a fan of how XenForo does Avatars, to be honest. I wish it was like the other board software... Just have one pic for a profile picture and then another one for an Avatar.

Or just make it so one image of any format is formatted to a fixed size.

I've had a complaint today that a members animated gif wasn't animated next to his posts Any more. Worked fine on his profile though.

I found a setting in the xenforo.css template, it made the avatars bigger but it covered up the usernames and crossed over into the message field

vb 3.8 handled avatar resizing easily, Im surprised this is an issue

I found a setting in the xenforo.css template, it made the avatars bigger but it covered up the usernames and crossed over into the message field

vb 3.8 handled avatar resizing easily, Im surprised this is an issue
What in beta software? I'd reign in your expectations as there are many other issues, as there are with all unfinished software. Did you use VB4 Gold? Now THAT had problems ;)

What in beta software? I'd reign in your expectations as there are many other issues, as there are with all unfinished software. Did you use VB4 Gold? Now THAT had problems ;)

Yes, but I got 4.0 without paying since my license was still active

I installed it local, first thing I tried was resizing the avatars and of course it did not work lol

It seems like a pretty basic function, I dunno

It's more that avatars are approached very differently, more like FB. What we have now is the designed behavior, though I understand that people may not consider it ideal, coming from a more traditional approach.

It's more that avatars are approached very differently, more like FB. What we have now is the designed behavior, though I understand that people may not consider it ideal, coming from a more traditional approach.

That approach actually makes sense to me. I actually like the "uniformity" of having set sizes. From what I saw in the xenforo.css there are apparently 3 set sizes? L for the member card, M for the postbit and S for the thread list? I would however like to ask if there's any possibility of having those uniform, set sizes being admin controlled though as some (myself included) may want the M setting to be larger than the current 96 pixels?

Will there ever be some way to use the more traditional profile pic/Avatar system, or is this something that will require third-party mods? Because I really do prefer the more traditional approach, and judging by this thread, so do many others.

That approach actually makes sense to me. I actually like the "uniformity" of having set sizes. From what I saw in the xenforo.css there are apparently 3 set sizes? L for the member card, M for the postbit and S for the thread list? I would however like to ask if there's any possibility of having those uniform, set sizes being admin controlled though as some (myself included) may want the M setting to be larger than the current 96 pixels?
Oh, and I'd also like to note that I'm not against having fixed sizes, either, but I don't like that everything is forced into .jpg. What I think would work better is allow for any format (such as transparent .pngs), and just resize them to w/e, even if it causes obvious pixelation.

Top Bottom