Changing admin theme?

Deepmartini

Can we change the admin theme? The font is so small and I'm getting all squinty-eyed trying to read it. Also, the nodes is a bit confusing and how they work. Seems a bit buried in the interface and not much explanation once there.

Put xenForo in development mode to edit the adminCP.

Add this to your config:

PHP:
# enable debug
if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == 'your ip here')
{
    $config['debug'] = true;
}

Alternatively there might be a much easier way.
The small text is a standard type of text used elsewhere too. It's governed by css.
Xenforo does an excellent system of control pages for all that.
It's in the Appearance / Style Properties section.
Maybe Building Blocks?

Example of text - forums/admin.php?styles/default-style.1/style-properties&group=sections#tab-8
Bottom of form -
"Use this box to enter any additional CSS you would like to include."

Very tiny and pale grey.

If we knew where this small text is in Style Properties - what it's called, we could find it and change its size.
Style Properties is a great system but occasionally not onvious where an item is listed in it.

I am unpleasantly surprised, that instead of simple options I should guess. I repeat the request: increase the default font size of the horizontal and vertical menu in admin panel and tell where to change its size now.

If the font size is the issue, just do in your browser "Increase text size", which is Ctrl + in most of them, I have never understood why somebody would need to change the actual css size when you can make your browser increase the text size in one keystroke as easily.

I rarely use the default size (too small), I am always increasing the font size.

I increase font size in a browser too, but such decision is unsuccessful. You see, these are different sites - AdminCP and a forum. I do not wish to strain sight in the working environment. Simultaneously I wish to see a forum how it's seen by others, in native resolution. I do not understand, why fonts at a forum can be adjusted in details, but admin is deprived by this possibility? ALL parameters should be adjusted.

May be, the developers will answer?

vkams you are absolutely right. Constantly changing the view in the browser is ridiculous, clumsy and insulting.
Text on screen should be comfortable to view in the first place. We should not have to go through an extra adjustment every single time we open a section of a site. It should be viewable and readable as is.

As I said earlier it is perfectly possible to change the font size using admin controls.
There is an admin section called Style Properties.
In there each category of text has a little form to change its size and colour, plus styling such as Bold, Italic etc. (There are also many other components in Style Properties which can be formatted as well as text fonts.)

But just because there is so MUCH control in there - so many components which we can adjust as we wish - it is sometimes not immediately obvious which control connects with the item we want to change.

I think one of the worst examples is the pale grey very tiny text which gives extra information in a line under a textbox.
Example "Use this box to enter any additional CSS you would like to include."

On the page source (View/ Page Source in your browser) this textt shows its format control as -
Code:
<p class="explain">Use this box to enter any additional CSS you would like to include.</p>

So we need to edit the "explain" class.

On the page source the Menu on the left is formatted with this code:
Code:
<div class="Popup">
<span class="muted">Property Group:</span> <a rel="Menu">Building Blocks</a>
<div class="Menu">
<div class="primaryContent menuHeader"><h3>Property Groups</h3></div>
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">

I've looked around and I did find some controls that resembled some of those names but I obviously didn't identify the right one yet as the text hasn't changed for me.
I am going to alert an XF mod who is excellent at these kind of code details. I'll ask him to respond to your thread here.

I'm already in debug mode but I cannot find where to click to change menu font sizes?

In the Admin Templates look for admin.css

Add what you want under #body

I'm sure that is basic but I don't really know all that you want changed.

Edit: Messed around with it a bit. What I said above won't change much so you will have to look up the area you want to edit. For example the side navigation is #sideNav which is also in admin.css where I think you could find most things.

Thank you very much, Will! I've made sideNav font larger and the panel wider. Did not find style for top menu and option lists. Better than nothing (n) . I don't like passing quest instead of making several evident clicks. I hope this lack of admin CP's usability will be improved.

Thank you very much, Will! I've made sideNav font larger and the panel wider. Did not find style for top menu and option lists. Better than nothing (n) . I don't like passing quest instead of making several evident clicks. I hope this lack of admin CP's usability will be improved.

No problem.

For the top menu, go into header.css and look for .acpTabs

For options list, go to filter_list.css and it should be .FilterList .listItem

Thank you, Will, for helpful advices. The whole list of "look for ... in template ... for effect ..." is needed. For example font in code window is small too and the window is too narrow for me. And so on...

I'm afraid to loose all this tweaks after upgrading forum.

Top Bottom