Implemented Change wording for Add or Remove this message to Multi-Quote

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The random capitalization also seems a bit weird.

This would probably be good: "Add or remove this message using multi-quote."

The message is not being added or removed using multi-quote though, it is being added to or removed from the multi-quote (bank).

So the word "using" doesn't work here.

That is inconsistent.
You have quote first for one phrase and second for the other.

Shouldn't it be:
Add quote
Remove quote

I'm still a fan of switching the title phrase using JS.

It's already done for the symbol, and you wouldn't expect to generalise the multi-quote link with: +/- so the explanation text probably shouldn't either.

Separate phrases would be the best solution.
Failing that re-wording of the existing phrase if it's going to remain the same.

Add quote
Remove quote
Sure. Works for me.

For me, I think the whole "Review quoting" should be optional. I wouldn't use it on my forum.

This is what I would want to be optional:
multiquote.review.selected.messages.webp

What I would like is ...
upload_2014-1-23_18-39-9.webp actually inserts the quotes (current it brings up a quote review).

And bypass the entire quote "Review selected messages".

It adds a needless step for me.

I'm not going to make enough quoting mistakes to make this worthwhile.

To me this entire "Review Selected Messages" is something Brogan, MAK, and mod team will use, but nobody else will.
Reordering multiquotes is a niche need.

Sure. Works for me.

For me, I think the whole "Review quoting" should be optional. I wouldn't use it on my forum.

This is what I would want to be optional:
View attachment 65563

What I would like is ...
View attachment 65564 actually inserts the quotes (current it brings up a quote review).

And bypass the entire quote "Review selected messages".

It adds a needless step for me.

I'm not going to make enough quoting mistakes to make this worthwhile.

To me this entire "Review Selected Messages" is something Brogan, MAK, and mod team will use, but nobody else will.
Reordering multiquotes is a niche need.
That's a different suggestion for a different thread, I think.

And you really shouldn't speak for everyone. I'm already using multi-quote daily.

I think there needs to be a way to clear the multi-quote messages, but to say it will only be used by a handful of people is just incorrect.

You'd capitalize "add," of course, but I think this could definitely work.
You wouldn't capitalise "add", that would be incorrect in this situation following a colon.

I think there needs to be a way to clear the multi-quote messages, but to say it will only be used by a handful of people is just incorrect.
I agree with both points.

Bet you never reordered or used remove.
I can think of several occasions when I would have used the reorder option in discussions on my forum. I've collected together different posts I wanted to respond to and I've changed the order of the quotes and my responses because some points were more relevant and important than others, so they were moved higher up.

As for the remove option, it seems daft not to have it. As multi-quote is so easy to use, there will bound to be the odd time something is added to multi-quote by accident. The other example I can think of, and I've done this with the 'old-fashioned' copy-posts-to-notepad approach, is I've wanted to respond to someone's post so copied it, then later found that someone has already responded to the post with what I wanted to say, so there was no longer a need for me to do it. I then deleted the copy of the post from my list.

When clicking on "+" the message should be colored, so the user knows something is going on with the message. Currently the + is turning into a -. And the - is turning into a +.

"I like this post, I give it a +1"

When clicking on "+" the message should be colored, so the user knows something is going on with the message. Currently the + is turning into a -. And the - is turning into a +.

"I like this post, I give it a +1"
When clicking on +/- I see a "Message added / removed from multi-quote." message. Perfect!

Top Bottom