Change username [Paid] [Deleted]

About 1.2

I have NOT tested 1.2 yet, but just by reading the update list, I am expecting things to break.
Please do not rush to update to 1.2 if this add-on is vital to you and you cannot afford to disable it.

I will be providing an update as soon as I can, but this is not the only add-on that I have. There is no ETA, but expect weeks, not days.

Please do not report bugs with 1.2 at this time, since that is not helpful, after I provide a version compatible with 1.2 I will be getting bug reports for anything that I missed.

About 1.2

I have NOT tested 1.2 yet, but just by reading the update list, I am expecting things to break.
Please do not rush to update to 1.2 if this add-on is vital to you and you cannot afford to disable it.

I will be providing an update as soon as I can, but this is not the only add-on that I have. There is no ETA, but expect weeks, not days.

Please do not report bugs with 1.2 at this time, since that is not helpful, after I provide a version compatible with 1.2 I will be getting bug reports for anything that I missed.

Any update on this?

I have uninstalled the username change addon, as I get the following error, when trying to use the built in default user sign up process.
"A server error occurred. Please try again later."

There are no errors in the apache log file and nothing in the admin control panel server error logs.
I'm on RC3, I have disabled the add on until it works without affecting the user sign up process.

Is this a confirmed bug?

can there be more options to this? such as enable how many x days can be changed for specific user groups , like i have moderators, admins ect and i want to set it to a lower number of x days or even allow the permission of bypass flood control for this

I'm on 1.2.1 (not 1.2.2), and it works perfectly fine. I've had installed for quite some time with no issues.

I also have 1.2.1, but I can't get it to work. Can you please tell me how you managed to make it work? I've tried to install it 2 ways (uploading the files via installer and directly via ftp + specifying xml file).

When I upload the files manually and then specify xml I get this error:

Server Error
String could not be parsed as XML

1. SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 0
  2. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getXmlType() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 33
  3. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/admin/data/www/pavel-loskutov.ru/forum/admin.php at line 13
And when I try to instal via installer by selecting the zip file, I get the following:
mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
  3. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 57
  4. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/admin/data/www/pavel-loskutov.ru/forum/admin.php at line 13

It's such a pitty that it doesn't work, because we probably would need it only once (we are merging users now, so names are specified by us and therefore many users would like to change them). If it won't be fixed anyhow by the end of the week I'll demand a refund.

Please don't use any third party AddOnInstaller, they are not necessarily supported.
Could you try disabling your "AddOnInstaller" add-on? And the XenForo guys have guides about how to install an add-on, which is pretty much upload the files and the xml :) The error is coming from the AddOnInstaller

Please don't use any third party AddOnInstaller, they are not necessarily supported.
Could you try disabling your "AddOnInstaller" add-on? And the XenForo guys have guides about how to install an add-on, which is pretty much upload the files and the xml :) The error is coming from the AddOnInstaller

Thank you a lot! Now it works!

Last edited:
Now I've got another question. Most of our users used to use cyrillic names and so they want to be able to change their current names into cyrillic. But when this plugin is active, such change retunrs a following error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xD0\x94\xD0\xBC\xD0\xB8...' for column 'new_value' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in CemZoo/Username/DataWriter/User.php at line 103
  4. CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User->saveHistory() in CemZoo/Username/DataWriter/User.php at line 63
  5. CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 512
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/admin/data/www/pavel-loskutov.ru/forum/admin.php at line 13
Is there a way to make the plugin work with cyrillic symbols as well? I wanted to ask this question on the russian XenForo forum, but the registration there is strongly moderated and I haven't got through so far...

EDIT: The error also appears if the old name is cyrillic.

PS: It works fine when the plugin is deactivated and a cyrillic name is set via admin panel.

Last edited:
Thanks to the russian forum, I've found the solution for cyrillic names!

The problem is that encoding seems to be not specified in my hosting settings, and since the encoding of the input from the plagin is not directly specified, the server doesn't realize that it's utf8. I hope my explaination makes sense, because english is not my mother tongue... In any case, the solution is to put
Code:
DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
into the install function. So the following code in "CemZoo/Username/Install/Install.php":

Code:
public static function install()
{
$db = XenForo_Application::get('db');
$db->query("
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS xf_cz_userchange_log
(
change_id int not null primary key auto_increment,
user_id int not null,
new_value varchar(80),
old_value varchar(80),
change_time int not null
)
");
}

Should be changed like this:

Code:
public static function install()
{
$db = XenForo_Application::get('db');
$db->query("
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS xf_cz_userchange_log
(
change_id int not null primary key auto_increment,
user_id int not null,
new_value varchar(80),
old_value varchar(80),
change_time int not null
) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
");
}

I'm not sure how likely that this error would appear, since I couldn't find any questions about this exact issue, but I hope it could be helpful anyhow.

Top Bottom