******* - Change Threads/Posts Owner [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brivium

******* submitted a new resource:

******* - Change Threads/Posts Owner (version 1.0.0) - This addon allow to set permissions for usergroup to change the owner and date of thread and post.

INFORMATION:
This addon allow to set permissions for usergroup to change the owner and date of thread and post.

FEATURES:
- Can change owner and date of selected posts and threads.
- Can sugguest owner username.
- Post count of involved users will be increased/decreased.
- Thread and forum counters of involved threads and forums will be rebuild.
- Every change will leave a notice in moderation log.
- Support template modification system.

INSTALLATION:
Please follow the...

Read more about this resource...

great addon was just what I was looking for, will save a ton of time with content migration vs waiting for people to come online.

Installed, setup the permission, tried changing owner on a post, got the following error:​
The following error occurred:

Set cannot be called after preSave has been called.
  1. XenForo_DataWriter->set() in *******/ThreadsPostsOwner/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 71
  2. *******_ThreadsPostsOwner_ControllerPublic_Post->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/oldrdev/public_html/index.php at line 13

Am on XF v 1.1.2, installed the TMS version of the addon.

******* updated ******* - Change Threads/Posts Owner with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1

- Fix bug "Set cannot be called after preSave has been called"
- Fix bug update like count

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: vVv
Wow, thanks for the quick response, downloaded the update, overwrote the files and upgraded the xml (TMS), got the following error:

The following error occurred:

Set cannot be called after preSave has been called.
  1. XenForo_DataWriter->set() in *******/ThreadsPostsOwner/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 84
  2. *******_ThreadsPostsOwner_ControllerPublic_Post->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/oldrdev/public_html/index.php at line 13

Should I try removing it totally and going from scratch?

Just a bit more info if necessary, with the above error shows myself as the author with my avatar, however last post was by the original author (no replies to it) and when I go into the thread itself shows the original author's details.

Just a bit more info if necessary, with the above error shows myself as the author with my avatar, however last post was by the original author (no replies to it) and when I go into the thread itself shows the original author's details.

I don't understand. Please give me more informations, i will fix this asap.

Thanks

I should have put that it shows me as the author with my avatar in the message list, but shows the original author's name in the Last Message column of the message list. When I go into the message itself it shows the original author's details as if nothing had been changed.

******* updated ******* - Change Threads/Posts Owner with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2

- Fix bug "Set cannot be called after preSave has been called"
- Fix bug display owner on thread lists

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can confirm the latest update has fixed the above problems, was able to change both the original message and messages within a thread. Thanks for your brilliant support on this ******* :).

A question too, your features list says it changes the date also, doesn't appear to do this or give an option to do so?

I might have found a bug, but not sure. After an import of users from vBulletin and phpBB3, some are listed as "guests" and their usernames are there, but are in system anyway. Changing their "guest author status" of their posts to their actual account, that's in database, pops up with error / warning message. Refreshing to attempt to change post author to them again, gives message saying they already own the post anyway. I'll have to get a screen shot next time it happens and I see it.

Back with some screen shots of issue I get some times...

First screen, shows the user as "guest". This guy IS in the member base though, his account IS in the system.
post-author-1.webp

Right clicking on "edit post" opening it in new tab, I do this to be faster opening multiple post edits in different tabs, especially if it's same user being changed, for all their posts in a thread. I enter their name in change post author field, and hit save or whatever.. this message pops up.

post-author-2.webp

I close that error message window out, and that browser tab, and refresh thread's page and he's assigned to that post...

post-author-3.webp

Notice his name is "linked", and can click on it...

This happens every time a user and their posts are as "guests", but ARE in fact in the system/member base and found in XF ACP under user searching.

According to the feature list:

I don't see any way to change the post's date. I can change the owner only. Am I missing something?

According to the feature list:

I don't see any way to change the post's date. I can change the owner only. Am I missing something?

I don't think that part has been implemented yet... I think he still plans to do it. :)

Some members receive message: You have no permission to do this action when they click "Save" button on Post Edit form.
Could you please check?

Reactions: DFI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom