******* - Change Threads/Posts Owner [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I found it. It wasnt in the readme file but was in the screenshots. I think the changing of permissions instruction should be in the readme file too so that it helps forum admins who are new to xenforo :)

I am using 1.1.5 and did all thats in the instructions but the additional options are not appearing for me in edit box. I am using the default theme, so its not the same issue as MRaburn. Please advise, thanks!

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be more more general problem with template changes not taking effect until the APC cache is flushed. This seemed to apply to ANY template change I made (that was already cached).

The fix is to uncheck the option "Fetch public templates as files" in the performance options
Options_ Performance | Admin CP - Metabunk-1.webp
Seems like a bug.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be more more general problem with template changes not taking effect until the APC cache is flushed. This seemed to apply to ANY template change I made (that was already cached).

The fix is to uncheck the option "Fetch public templates as files" in the performance options
View attachment 51458
Seems like a bug.

Just an update on this, the real bug was having

apc.stat=0

In apc.ini, see:
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...orking-maybe-just-with-apc.54976/#post-585971

Premium version recent released at http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-change-threads-posts-owner-premium.2188/. Lite version for 1.2 will release later.

What will be the difference between the two?

More features:

FEATURES:
- Can change owner and date of selected post and thread.
- Can suggest owner username.
- Post count of involved users will be increased/decreased.
- Like count of involved users will be increased/decreased.
- Thread and forum counters of involved threads and forums will be rebuild.
- Every change will leave a notice in moderation log.
- Support inline moderation to change multiple posts/threads.
- Support template modification system.

Disable template modification to solve your issue
Ah I see, you've now included the template modification yourself. The solution for me then was to remove the edit I made myself to the post_edit template.

You might want to update the readme file that accompanies the add-on as it still says

INSTALLATION:
This addon support Template Modification System. Please visit http://xenforo.com/community/resources/template-modification-system-tms.293/ for more information
- Upload contents of Upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.

** IF YOU USE Template Modification System **
- Install or upgrade addon by import "addon-*******ThreadsPostsOwner-TMS.xml" via AdminCP.
- Done.

** IF YOU DO NOT USE Template Modification System **
- Install or upgrade addon by import "addon-*******ThreadsPostsOwner.xml" via AdminCP.
- Open template "post_edit" and find:
<li><xen:include template="helper_thread_watch_input" /></li>
ADD BELOW
<li><xen:include template="post_owner" /></li>
- Done.

Hi. I have an issue with changing post owner.
If I change post owner as admin then thread becomes unread for other users. And thread doesn't become "read" if they review thread. The only way to make thread read is to mark all thread from the node as read.
Any ideas how ho change such behavior?

Ah I see, you've now included the template modification yourself. The solution for me then was to remove the edit I made myself to the post_edit template.

You might want to update the readme file that accompanies the add-on as it still says
How do you do that? I cant revert my post_edit. :(

Here's mine:

Code:
<xen:title>{xen:phrase edit_post_by_x, 'name={$post.username}'}</xen:title>

<xen:navigation>
    <xen:breadcrumb source="$nodeBreadCrumbs" />
    <xen:breadcrumb href="{xen:link full:posts, $post}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</xen:breadcrumb>
</xen:navigation>

<xen:container var="$bodyClasses">{xen:helper nodeClasses, $nodeBreadCrumbs, $forum}</xen:container>
<xen:container var="$searchBar.thread"><xen:include template="search_bar_thread_only" /></xen:container>
<xen:container var="$searchBar.forum"><xen:include template="search_bar_forum_only" /></xen:container>

<form action="{xen:link 'posts/save', $post}" method="post" class="xenForm Preview AutoValidator"
    data-previewUrl="{xen:link 'posts/edit/preview', $post}" data-redirect="on">

<fieldset>
        <dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth surplusLabel">
            <dt><label for="ctrl_message">{xen:phrase message}:</label></dt>
            <dd>{xen:raw $editorTemplate}</dd>
        </dl>
    </fieldset>

<dl class="ctrlUnit submitUnit">
        <dt></dt>
        <dd>
            <input type="submit" value="{xen:phrase save_changes}" accesskey="s" class="button primary" />
            <xen:include template="attachment_upload_button" />
            <input type="button" value="{xen:phrase preview}..." class="button PreviewButton JsOnly" />
        </dd>
    </dl>

<xen:if is="{$attachmentParams}">
        <dl class="ctrlUnit AttachedFilesUnit">
            <dt><label for="ctrl_uploader">{xen:phrase attached_files}:</label></dt>
            <dd><xen:include template="attachment_editor" /></dd>
        </dl>
    </xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$canSilentEdit}">
        <xen:include template="helper_edit_silent" />

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
        <fieldset>
            <dl class="ctrlUnit">
                <dt>{xen:phrase options}:</dt>
                <dd><ul>
                    <li><xen:include template="helper_thread_watch_input" /></li>
                </ul></dd>
            </dl>
        </fieldset>

<dl class="ctrlUnit submitUnit">
        <dt></dt>
        <dd>
            <input type="submit" value="{xen:phrase save_changes}" accesskey="s" class="button primary" />
            <input type="button" value="{xen:phrase preview}..." class="button PreviewButton JsOnly" />
        </dd>
    </dl>

<input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
</form>

Edit:

Found it! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom