Add-on Change Thread Creator

I have this addon. I uninstalled it because it had some bugs but at least it works.

lol, tease! haha.. See I'm currently using the "login as user" plugin, which works the same way.. HOWEVER.. like you said before too, it would allow moderators to read those users PC's and other things.. which isn't right. I think you and I both stated that in his resource before... Or, it should be restated again... to not allow that to happen. Reading other's PC's isn't right it shouldn't even be allowed period. Hence needing a resource to just change thread / post authors / time and date.. and that's it. Sometimes I need stuff like this, because I'll make a person's account myself, then just post things as them.. send them email I've done so...

If I make a thread I'm ashamed of making I can just assign the thread to someone else later. That's all I had originally needed it for.

What bugs?
That's a long time ago and I may have reported it already on his resource thread, rating or on xenfans.com so I don't remember. I do try to report all bugs I come across, that's part of why my post count is so high.

Changing OP is always a feature I wanted in a resource manager (I requested back in the early days) where the original poster could assign somebody else ownership rights to the topic plus to the add-on itself if they happened to abandon/didn't have time to developed the add-on/resource any longer.

Just thought it was worth mentioning and I think it would be a great feature/add-on if somebody more reliable developed this that has staying power and is eager to support such a add-on.

Reactions: vVv
Yeah, and this was brought up before for "suggested features" http://xenforo.com/community/threads/change-thread-author-and-date.9303/ but of course, with development on-hold, it's not happening any time soon either sigh. But like you said Shelley, it would be a nice feature to have, and in general, and if it was handled by someone that has staying power and is eager to support it. Actually first name that popped to mind was Chris Deeming, lmao. Just seems to FIT Chris (like something HE would do, enjoy doing, etc).. haha.

Actually, this should be "built-in" anyway though, most other platforms/software has this already built-in.

If I make a thread I'm ashamed of making I can just assign the thread to someone else later. That's all I had originally needed it for.

:LOL: - Passing the buck to somebody else? You raise a good point here, even though you probably didn't intentionally mean to. If say the OP assigns a thread to say some unsuspecting member it would be wise that the member receiving should have the option of accepting ownership rights of the thread on the chance the OP is abusing the system/feature on the chance the thread they are transferring over is a trolling thread .

Ideally, this will be built into core XF.
I find this the most useful after I imported posts from Wordpress into my XF forum and found many WP posts were made by XF members that use a slightly different username on WP. I can then change the author and consolidate the posts. Works really well.

Wouldn't want any admin to assign a thread he is ashamed of to me.

Dude. Stop assuming.

Email him. It's how he prefers to be contacted

There's no reason he wouldn't oblige.

To update on this, I emailed him the 7th.. it's the 14th now.. reply was..

No sorry. The site eill be taken offline this month. I am not going to share resources. Thank you for the interest though.

On Friday, December 7, 2012, Spencer Passmore wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if you still had a copy of it? I could use it man.. :)

:( my point proven lol.

Top Bottom