Add-on Change Thread Creator

Travis

This may be an odd request,but let me explain. On my site,the users post topics about their fictional "stations". However,they can sell these to other members. What I want is a way to change the thread creator.

EXAMPLE:
XYZ Creates a thread for KDAL Dallas
XYZ Sells KDAL Dallas to ABC
ABC changes thread creator and becomes the "Creator" of KDAL

Hope I explain that simply enough and someone can help!

http://xenfans.com/threads/thread-tools.1593/
This add-on we created helps you change the author of a thread.

Usergroup permissions are supported, if you have a 'seller' usergroup you could grant them permission to change thread author. But note though; this is not limited to threads they've started, this tool is basically made for admins on a site.

Maybe you could customize the plugin yourself to your need by limiting it to thread author only. Which might actually be a nice feature to include in a future release.

I you want I can give you a XenFans.com login if you don't have one yet.

He mentioned the seller?
The plugin already allows any usergroup (when set to yes) to edit the thread author or post within a thread author.
The problem of course in his situation is, if the seller is a normal user (but perhaps in usergroup seller) and gets this permission set to yes on my plugin, that the seller can change the author of thread and posts of ANY thread on the forum made by anybody. The modification to the plugin needs basically a change in either an additional permission or a global setting that says : [x] but only allow the users with this permission to change the author of a thread they themselves have started, and not any other post within it - only the first post.

If I understand the OP correctly.

I originally wanted each member to be allowed to change the creator,but in hind sight,that wouldn't work,as that would mean creators could change any topic. However,I might use Floris's add-on,as it means that us admins can change it. Thanks guys!

I originally wanted each member to be allowed to change the creator,but in hind sight,that wouldn't work,as that would mean creators could change any topic. However,I might use Floris's add-on,as it means that us admins can change it. Thanks guys!
Maybe someone can contribute to my plugin so we can have an option to limit the user to only their own threads.

mmoore said he looked into it but has to give up on this at this point.

Usergroup permissions are supported, if you have a 'seller' usergroup you could grant them permission to change thread author. But note though; this is not limited to threads they've started, this tool is basically made for admins on a site.

Maybe you could customize the plugin yourself to your need by limiting it to thread author only. Which might actually be a nice feature to include in a future release.

Mind sending me a PC with a login? Would REALLY like that plugin ;)

Sorry as I am still learning there is 1 thing i am missing with the rights. I doubt I can figure it out. Hopefully someone else might have more luck.
No worries, we do what we can, if we have the time, etc.

Floris,
I see that the site is closed. Is it possible to get a copy of this addon?
Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom