Add-on Change Thread Creator

That's ok.

I just know for a fact that the author wouldn't approve of it being released without his permission.

Anyone who needs the add-on can contact Floris directly.

I found it on another side, so it's public. But I removed it now.
It certainly is not public, anybody or any site distributing it is doing so without permission, please do not distribute it, nor share it on this site. People who want it can contact Floris via email.

The change thread author plugin is and remains copyright of xenfans.com, distribution is prohibited.

it really sucks to know this is deleted, then told to contact a guy that himself is deleted and the place to get it, the forums are closed up yet too.. so what else can someone do / expect? "Go through all these hoops to get this plugin for permission, but all hoops are sealed off so can't jump through them anyway!" .. :rolleyes: I'd like to use this myself.. but like normal.. no resource authors are around, abandoning their products, no support, no avenues to get it either.. really sucks. then wonder and bytch why their stuff is on warez sites, but ironically.. at least there on those sites, they're available, as well as support.. lol

it really sucks to know this is deleted, then told to contact a guy that himself is deleted and the place to get it, the forums are closed up yet too.. so what else can someone do / expect? "Go through all these hoops to get this plugin for permission, but all hoops are sealed off so can't jump through them anyway!" .. :rolleyes: I'd like to use this myself.. but like normal.. no resource authors are around, abandoning their products, no support, no avenues to get it either.. really sucks. then wonder and bytch why their stuff is on warez sites, but ironically.. at least there on those sites, they're available, as well as support.. lol
It's Floris's add-on and he can do whatever he wants with it. Just because someone stole it does not give you the right to use it.
If no one has the features you want, request them. If no one makes them, pay for them. If you cannot or do not want to pay for them, then live without them.
Claiming that developers deserve their add-on being ripped off is just plain disrespectful.
Simplez as the Meerkat says.

At any rate, if anyone is desperate enough to use pirated add-ons, just remember that they always have code added to them by those who are distributing them.
My pirated add-ons all include 20% more code than the ones I provide. Nothing in life is free, so you have to wonder what is included in that 20% and why are they being so kind and providing you with "free" add-ons.
All I can say is, if you use pirated add-ons at least be aware that they are not an exact copy of the original and so use at own risk.

Floris' other account, posted in this very thread (http://xenforo.com/community/members/xenfans.20/)

And highlighted in yellow is his contact details:
7qB6o.png

Email the guy.
Receive the add-on.
Simple.

edit: and actually it's waste of time and money to pay for anything anyway, people can't keep their resources updated / provide support with FREE stuff... no sense in paying top dollars for pricey stuff and have the same thing happen that you spent money (you technically don't have to spend/waste anyway) on something that ends up deleted /unsupported

Ummm.... If it is a "FREE" add-on, you can't always guarantee support. Sometimes it is released "as-is", and left as that. However, with every paid add-on I have ever purchased, if I had a question or needed support, I have always received it. Maybe you should check who you are buying these add-ons from. I have close to 60% of the paid add-ons here, about 7 purchased themes, and never had any issues with getting support. Have you considered it's your approach in getting help?

Also, out of all the add-ons I have ever purchased (Syndol, I will eventual pick up one of yours... I'm slow at times ;)) , only one has been dropped/deleted. The continual bashing and bad attitude towards those that release free and paid add-ons doesn't really help anyone either... all it does is drive away developers.

Emailing doesn't always work, and rarely you get a response back anyway... Probably because most stuff ends up in their spam/junk folders. It's not sure way for possible/potential customers to get ahold of you or want to even buy anything from you from get go. Like going to any online store, and show them list of what you have in random other sites, with sign saying "here's my stuff, but email me if you want it" isn't winning sales from me even if i had money. If I remember right, I've PC'ed him or both accounts a good while back, and got nothing for a reply from either accounts.

stewart, yeah I understand that...can't always expect miracles with free stuff lol! I haven't paid for nothing from here though either, obviously cause no money... so I didn't have to approach anyone for help either. Thanks for the feedback / experience you had, perhaps if I had money, I'd have same experiences as you then. :)

"The continual bashing and bad attitude towards those that release free and paid add-ons doesn't really help anyone either... all it does is drive away developers. "

I don't continually bash anyone like that, and most are already going away anyway, because of the XF situations... Not because of little ole me. I'm not mad at him per se, I'm more upset because there's stuff made that's needed by me or others, or help/support needed which they don't get back to you for it, they pull them all, tell people to contact them.. but leave minimal options and avenues to do it. I'll try getting ahold of him again, but I doubt I'll hear anything like last time... :rolleyes: The way people are coming in defense to their precious buddies though, isn't helping to win sales either, and not going to sit well later even if I had money to spend... I'll remember back to replies where the "possible/potential customer (me) is wrong, and us paid authors wanted to fight with me"...

Dude. Stop assuming.

Email him. It's how he prefers to be contacted

There's no reason he wouldn't oblige.

Dude. Stop assuming.

Email him. It's how he prefers to be contacted

There's no reason he wouldn't oblige.

I already said above there, I'll try getting ahold of him... ;)

I think in general though, there should be list made some where of fail resources though, where maybe other good resource authors that continue to do them / provide support can make copies /versions of those "lost resources" and re-release copies by reliable coders. This is where XF lacks, and vBulletin wins... I think once Jan comes, I might look into going with Burning Board 4 or going back to vBulletin again. There's tons of needed stuff that I had before or was built into core of vBulletin that I need, that aren't here anymore because of resource authors taking off, or they're paid resources... "forcing" people to buy them... when on vBulletin, they were there freely or in core. I can't be forced to spend money I don't have to begin with for it. I miss vbulletin for all that. :(

Good luck with that.

lol thanks.. luck isn't required though, because i wouldn't be lacking any thing anyway lol. i wouldn't have to jump through sealed hoops to get stuff i need, nor wouldn't have to spend money on it. all i needed was in core of vB or was provided freely by reliable authors that never jumped ship, and didn't say email if you want it lol. ah well.. i'll try emailing him once... *crosses fingers*

Emailing doesn't always work, and rarely you get a response back anyway... Like going to any online store, and show them list of what you have in random other sites, with sign saying "here's my stuff, but email me if you want it" isn't winning sales from me even if i had money. If I remember right, I've PC'ed him or both accounts a good while back, and got nothing for a reply from either accounts.

It's Floris' add-on. Is he not capable of deciding if he wants the public to have it, if he wants to charge for it, or if he wants to release it again? It's not a case of "here's my stuff, but email me if you want it", it is his resource, it was posted here, but he decided on his own that it would no longer be offered. Why continue to beat the drum about it? It was his choice.

The way people are coming in defense to their precious buddies though, isn't helping to win sales either, and not going to sit well later even if I had money to spend... I'll remember back to replies where the "possible/potential customer (me) is wrong, and us paid authors wanted to fight with me"...

No one is fighting with you. You are going to the extreme with this. The issue is it was available, now its not, and the only place apparently some decide to get it from is a pirate site. You don't think Devs are going to stick together on that topic? Especially when some release paid add-ons? I'll always defend the developers, regardless. I'm not a dev, never will be, but I completely appreciate the fact there are some that continually release additions that add to my site.

I think in general though, there should be list made some where of fail resources though, where maybe other good resource authors that continue to do them / provide support can make copies /versions of those "lost resources" and re-release copies by reliable coders. This is where XF lacks, and vBulletin wins... I think once Jan comes, I might look into going with Burning Board 4 or going back to vBulletin again. There's tons of needed stuff that I had before or was built into core of vBulletin that I need, that aren't here anymore because of resource authors taking off, or they're paid resources... "forcing" people to buy them... when on vBulletin, they were there freely or in core. I can't be forced to spend money I don't have to begin with for it. I miss vbulletin for all that. :(

Who is exactly FORCING you to buy anything? If you need it, and it isn't free, code it yourself. Ask and see if others want to contribute without you doing so and see if they can get it released for free.

And those "lost resources" are still owned by whoever created them. Unless the original dev is asked and agrees, no one has the right to make copies/versions and re-release them.

As far as XF lacking, the only thing I have noticed it lacked is bloat and queries.

oh, i thought this discussion was over... :X3: it's "Forcing" because obviously, I can't code it, nor have money, but I need it.. which is basically forcing, because if can't code it, nor pay for it.. only way to get it is turning whore sucking their wangs, or try and come up with money to get it anyway. because theres no free versions of that resource, only paid copies. i never said i was going to warez/pirate sites, never said i was using pirated stuff. dunno why this keeps getting brought up, like i said it in stone some where i was going to use pirated shyt or i said i supported pirated shyt either.

i just merely stated / commented that it's no wonder some resort to it, because at least there the resources are still available and some times support is offered too. which my point was, it's sad situation it resorts to that.. legit authors pull it, and or lack in support.. where as you still get it else where. that's all. the whole "lost resources" are still kept by whoever made them, sucks too.. because people like me need them, and they're not around to use them. its not just the developers of them that hurts, its the people needing the stuff too. but if that's what they want to do, then so be it .. cause its THEIR STUFF and have right to do with it as they wish.

Anyway, I'm done with this shyt.. I'm keeping tabs on who's going against me on certain things, and they'll never see one red cent from me, if / when I get money.. And I won't go near them/their resources.. all I ask is to be left alone.. ignore me or me ignore them... Everyone jumps down my throat when I have legit shyt to bytch about... when others do this, its fine and dandy and their love buddies come to rescue and defend them.. when its me.. its hell on earth, i gotta feel wrath of god... i'm the devil... it's fine. I'll sell my license to Lykke and her hubby like I planned before already.. and go to burning board 4 in Jan...

But complaining about whether a developer decides to keep his resource available or not is not a legit reason to complain. It's not your choice, it is the developers. Simple.

And where is the you against everyone attitude coming from? Why the need to threaten those "against" you that they will never see a penny from you? Seems to me if you need it, and they are the only one offering it, you are only hurting yourself, not them.

I have this addon. I uninstalled it because it had some bugs but at least it works.

I know man, even I pulled my own resources before.. those PSDs... but later thought about it, and felt I shouldn't do that to people.. Just because I felt anger towards things, or about situations.. it wasn't right of me to pull them, denying good folks my resources... so I added them back again. I felt, why deny anyone my stuff, when I'm not doing anything with them anyway. Hence adding them back again. If everyone decides to just pull their shyt, for whatever reasons... others suffer cause they're not available and when people could put them to good use. I don't need stuff from those "against me" anyway, well.. not yet anyway haha. :p I dunno man, I'm just done... I was getting fed up weeks ago too. Not just this stuff, but in general.

Top Bottom