Change thread author and date

I have a load of posts from an email list with much the same membership. Would love to be able to import.
[EDIT] Which means editing the dates of posts I import.
There is waindigo's Login As User already to post as another user.

But ideally we should have both author and date/ time in the same edit form.
So I add a post to a thread, or start a thread - then click Thread Tools to
Edit Author/
Edit Time and Date/
Edit Author + Time/ Date

Changing the date of a post is a bit more difficult in Xenforo because it won't fall into the correct order as it did in vBulletin. Xenforo uses the position field to determine the post order. So if you change the date of a post, you have to change the position number in every post in the thread.

Changing the date of a post is a bit more difficult in Xenforo because it won't fall into the correct order as it did in vBulletin. Xenforo uses the position field to determine the post order. So if you change the date of a post, you have to change the position number in every post in the thread.

Ok good so an addon would have to update the thread's post order.

A function already exists to do this: recalculatePostPositionsInThread($threadId)

It's in XenForo_Model_Post :)

This resource will change both the owner and the date of threads and posts:

******* - Change Threads/Posts Owner

I used it to transfer blog posts from the old Wordpress-phpBB combi forum that I was running to Xenforo and it worked a treat. :)

This resource will change both the owner and the date of threads and posts:

******* - Change Threads/Posts Owner

I used it to transfer blog posts from the old Wordpress-phpBB combi forum that I was running to Xenforo and it worked a treat. :)

Martok thank you so much!

This is an indicator on how we need a Favourites system for Watched stuff - because when I checked Martok's link I was already Watching that Resource but obviously forgot all about it.

Martok thank you so much!

This is an indicator on how we need a Favourites system for Watched stuff - because when I checked Martok's link I was already Watching that Resource but obviously forgot all about it.
I'd agree with that. I knew that I was watching it but couldn't find it when I initially glanced through my list, so I had to resort to using the search.

Top Bottom