Not planned Change the default language to English (UK)

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
A particular bugbear of mine.

So much software these days only has English (US) available.

Considering both developers are from the UK, I was surprised to see it listed as (US).

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Arrgh!

I put the wrong title in the poll and now can't edit it.
It should of course say: "Should the default language be changed to English (UK)"

Another one for the list then as I can't edit the title or delete the first post so the poll now makes no sense :(

I think the US version is alright.
Since leaving school and after my time living in Scotland I've grown used to spelling words like color, favorite or gray the US way. It just makes more sense to me.
And from what I can tell most people I come across online prefer US English to UK English.

To me it's a bit like English SP1.

While I live in the UK, I'm not British. (I'm American.)

But you live here now :P (though god knows why?)

I think the US version is alright.
Since leaving school and after my time living in Scotland I've grown used to spelling words like color, favorite or gray the US way. It just makes more sense to me.
And from what I can tell most people I come across online prefer US English to UK English.

To me it's a bit like English SP1.

I agree with this one after being having to teach your self to write everything wrong for things like color etc to work in CSS English (US) is basically the default language for most now...

What's the difference between English (US) and English (UK)? Does the UK one just spell some words differently (like colour instead of color?)

NO! :mad:

The English (UK) version is correct*; it's the other lot that spell things incorrectly.

* This is a simple statement of fact, because we invited it! :)

What's the difference between English (US) and English (UK)? Does the UK one just spell some words differently (like colour instead of color?)

As DoctorWatsOn pointed out, the only real difference is that you guys in America spell things wrong, but to be honest I don't care which we use after all I am Welsh not English :P

Top Bottom