Fixed Change "Subject" to "User"

Luxus

I wonder why noone has noticed this before:

subject.webp
Subject should be changed to User for a simple reason. The term Subject is also used in the contact form and email templates as a label for the topic of the message. Obviously when you have another language you can't use "Subject". The problem is, you can't always translate "Subject" to a term that makes sense in both contact form/email templates and in the Recent Spam Cleaning log.

To give you an example, "Subject" in the sense of a topic of a message is called "Betreff" in german. However it absolutely doesn't make sense to use the same term in the Recent Spam Cleaning log for the user. You can translate Subject to "Subjekt". Then it would make sense in the Recent Spam Cleaning log, but not in the contact form and email templates. So please use the "user" phrase in the Recent Spam Cleaning log.

The term "Subject" is a noun that means:
A person or thing that is being discussed, described, or dealt with.

In this instance, subject is actually appropriate since the user "Test" is being dealt with by the Spam Cleaning.

I don't think that can be disputed. But from a localisation point of view, I can see where Luxus is coming from.

The English word could very well stay the same, but perhaps two different phrases should be used. That would help Luxus distinguish between the two different meanings that can't realistically use the same word in some languages.

My suggestion would be to keep the text as "Subject" but change the phrase title to spam_subject or similar.

The term "Subject" is a noun that means:

In this instance, subject is actually appropriate since the user "Test" is being dealt with by the Spam Cleaning.

I know what subject means and there is no problem using it in english boards. But you may not use it with other languages there and you can't simply change the phrase because that would break other things.

I know what subject means and there is no problem using it in english boards. But you may not use it with other languages there and you can't simply change the phrase because that would break other things.

/agree for Dutch

Top Bottom