Change from WBB5

D3RB

Hello :)

Our WBB 5 is slowly coming to its limits. We have over 600 forums and the sort function (drag & drop) no longer works, because it is probably a safety of the WBB in terms of performance.
That sucks enormously....

Now to the first question. Can you arrange everything alphabetically? Possibly even automatically? Drag & Drop would also be rich:D

and the second question. How do I best get the data from WBB5 to Xenforo? MyBB etc is only possible with importers of WBB4.

Have often thought about a change.... and I think now the change will also take place.

Sry for my bad english.

Our WBB 5 is slowly coming to its limits. We have over 600 forums and the sort function (drag & drop) no longer works, because it is probably a safety of the WBB in terms of performance.
Not meaning to necessarily push potential customers away from our product but this is actually likely a server limit that is being hit in this case. I don’t think you would experience this with XF2 because we serialise the chosen order so you wouldn’t hit the max_input_vars limit. That said, it could be possible to hit the post_max_size limit if it is particularly low.

Aside from that, regardless of software, this number of nodes doesn’t typically scale well for other reasons. Particularly with XF changes to nodes when there is this amount could trigger a lengthy permission rebuild though this shouldn’t be a problem other than the amount of time it takes for the rebuild to finish (it wouldn’t affect the performance of the forum itself in most cases).

Now to the first question. Can you arrange everything alphabetically? Possibly even automatically? Drag & Drop would also be rich:D
To answer this more directly although I alluded to it above, XF2 does have a drag and drop feature but there is no option to order nodes alphabetically.

and the second question. How do I best get the data from WBB5 to Xenforo? MyBB etc is only possible with importers of WBB4.
There is no official import path from WBB to XF at this stage. It would require a double import but I appreciate there might not be a clear path to do that unfortunately.

A WoltLab Burning Board importer has never been suggested as far as I can recall. It might be worth posting it in our Suggestions forum then we can consider it in the future.

Did this previously work with that many forums? I just don't see WoltLab deciding to put a limit on it as not many would hit 600+ so adding these limitations in there seems like wasted effort in dev and QA time.

You're most likely looking at a server limit here. Have you contacted WBB about it? If however you wanted XenForo still, it would be best to setup a dev install, run a test migration and then seeing if you see the same issues which I imagine you would.

Can we know how u did this ? i have the same problem.
Pretty sure it was related above... do a double import. Consists of importing into another script that has the ability to import WBB5 and be imported into XF also and then that script DB being imported into XF.
More detailed support is typically provided HERE, where you can ask more detailed questions. It does require that you already have a valid license for XenForo to post there.

Top Bottom