Change font for the forum content?

fredrikse

Hi,

Is there a setting that can be altered to change the font for the forum content? Right now the system is using I believe Times New Roman. I would like to see how it looks and feel with Arial.

No worries. Styles Properties are pretty awesome. You can't rely on them for everything, but it's always worth checking there first for things.

Entirely your choice, that one.

It requires some code edits, I believe, to restrict those fonts. It probably isn't worth it. Even though it's there, it's not exactly a widely used feature. On this board and my own, I hardly see anyone changing their font - except maybe a few exceptions.

Hey fredrikse,

Best place to change this is in Style Properties.

So Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties > Message Elements > Message Text

Or you can search in the Admin CP for the property name which is messagetext
Is there a list of "Font Families" anywhere? I am using a 3rd party style on my forum, which has changed the default Message Text to "Tahoma, "Times New Roman", Times, serif", but I much prefer the default XenForo font (which, I think, is Georgia).

How would I best change this back?

Thanks. :)

It requires some code edits, I believe, to restrict those fonts. It probably isn't worth it. Even though it's there, it's not exactly a widely used feature. On this board and my own, I hardly see anyone changing their font - except maybe a few exceptions.
Jake told me a hack the is easy to do that will remove all the fonts that you don't want in the editor. I'll have to think about this some more before I decide.

Top Bottom