XF 1.2 Change default user timeout

ViciousGnome

Hello, and thank you for trying to assist me.

I have been doing updates via the Admin CP, and when I change browsers to check something and comeback and try to make a change, I get the "you are not logged in" error. Am I timing out? Can I change the default user timeout, and if so, how?

Thanks again.

In a dev environment you can enable debug mode by adding this to the library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['debug'] = 1;

That will cause admin sessions to last for 24 hours. Otherwise it's a 1 hour timeout.

Use Chrome and set up different profiles.
That way you can be logged in (or out) with multiple accounts.

I'm a little confused. What is happening is about 1 in 4 saves I am trying to make in the Admin CP is being denied, with the following error:

The following error occurred:
This action could not be completed because you are no longer logged in.

It's happening now, without me changing browsers. I am using Firefox 22.0. I am at work, behind a firewall that blocks sites, but my site isn't blocked. Any ideas what the issue might be?

For future reference, if you ever do want to change it for users: Admin CP -> Options -> User Options -> Online Status Timeout

It's set to 15 minutes by default.

For future reference, if you ever do want to change it for users: Admin CP -> Options -> User Options -> Online Status Timeout

It's set to 15 minutes by default.

Thank you very much, this was EXACTLY what I was looking to do. Now if I can only figure out how to change the default font for the forums... lol

Top Bottom