1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Change default registration group

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by tihasz, Oct 8, 2016.

1. tihasz

tihasz Member

I know this isn't the right way to do it, but we are running the forum already for +1 year and have a lot of users. So the default group currently is Registered, do I need to change that in a piece of code because I don't see a setting for it (if yes, where would be good to know). We don't have any other promotions so all people are Registered, the thing is we are facing a lot of manual spam registrations and I now want to setup a moderation que for the new registered users which I achive by setting them in a other default group.

thank you!
  2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Why can't you use the Batch Update Users and add a second user group to all the current registered users that fulfill your current permission set then change the Registered to a more restricted one and utilize a promotion to upgrade users after X number of posts or something?
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Actually, as Tracy posted above, you do it in the Registered user group and promote to a secondary group.
    The help manual explains how: https://xenforo.com/help/user-group-promotions/