Change Date

Change Date 1.8

No permission to download
It looks like the update overrides the default language settings (which include the date and time formats) without a way to restore them. I'm forced to use the English formats now although I'm not using the English language. Am I missing something?

Changing the year of a message marks the thread containing the message read even if it contains unread messages.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create 2 users for the same forum, say, A and B.

2. Post a message as User A.

3. Change the year of that message.

4. Log in to the forum as User B.

5. You should see the forum and the thread containing the message incorrectly marked read.

Hi,

I went to install this and received this error

Error
Callback Andy_ChangeDate_Listener:Lost is invalid (Invalid Class).

Could you point me in the right direction to fix this please. :)

***Edit*** Handled promptly by PM. Thank you.

Last edited:
There is an issue either with the zip file structure or how AI&U handles it. I encountered this months ago, go into your cPanel and look at where the files end up uploading. You'll find that the files end up in library/library/Andy and the XML goes to the old files in library/Andy or something like that. My files were a mess, and not just with Andy's addons.

I now manually unzip and batch-upload all addons and use old school to run all the XMLs en mass. Works the same just not as convenient as uploading zips

This is a really useful add-on, thanks.

When I change the date/time on a post, it doesn't seem to update the Recent Activity entries. Is that not intended to be updated, or am I doing something wrong?

Hello @AndyB,
I just setup your plugin on my 1.4 setup.
I setup permission to allo admin to change date.
Unfortunately, no mention 'change date' appear below thread.
Any way to fix this ?

Thanks

2016-05-25 13_02_28-(2) Vente - Tablette tactile ASUS TF810C _ Le forum des portables Asus.webp

Hi Andy, in the overview it states:

"The purpose of this add-on is the allow the admin to move a post within a thread."

Does it allow you to change the date of the First post? I need to create a new thread, then change the date of the thread/first post to 2013 and then move some old posts from 2013 into the thread, will this work ok? Thanks.

Does it allow you to change the date of the First post? I need to create a new thread, then change the date of the thread/first post to 2013 and then move some old posts from 2013 into the thread, will this work ok? Thanks.
Yes, I'm using this add-on from a long time and I believe it would work like that.

Top Bottom