Change date

Change date [Paid] 2.9

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I have used the Change Date the first time now. And surprise, surprise! It changes the date, but not the position?!
Maybe a problem with the comment addon from TH?

Before the change sorted by position
post1 pos 0
post2 pos 1
comment 1 pos 1
post 3 pos2

Then i have changed the date for post 3 with this result sorted by position
post1 pos 0
post2 pos 1
comment 1 pos 1
post 3 pos2

but sorted by date with this result:

post 3 pos2
post1 pos 0
post2 pos 1
comment 1 pos 1

It seems that the position was not recalculated for me.

Yes, is use 2.1; i try to download 2.2, but i cant find it? (only author, limit, resourcedate searching for "change")

Last edited:
I am still fighting with my xdebug; i have seen that the comments addon from TH also use a public function

rebuildThreadPostPositions($threadId);

I have deactivated the comments, but i still get no change in the post position with 2.2.

--
But also i am wondering about all the queries you use; they are only necessary if the changed post will be the first or the last, right?
It is maybe better to care about theses questions before starting all that queries?

The problem is/was
Change Content Owner 1.1.3
from BatPool

After deactivion your addon works without any problems.

It is solved with the 1.1.4 from the "Change Content Owner"

Last edited:
There is still a problem with Themehouse Comments Addon.
As long the comments addon is activated, the change date addon changes the date, but not the position.

Changing the date of the first post of a thread does not change the actual threads date. Version 2.1

Again i have installed your add-ons
  • change date
  • change user

and also the addon
- change content owner

Again there are problems:
  • changed date of a post => link to change date was away
  • deleting this post, deletes the whole thread (because it was the first, but shown as the last!)

After bringing back the thread from a backup, i tried it again. The time now is changed, but the post is till the last.

At this time i cant say which addon makes the problems or only both together. I will deinstall them all and try one by one and then again both. But maybe you programers could watch your scripts together and may need much less time than me to found the problem.

I had the same situation before with change date 2.2(?) or another one.

All problems are gone after deinstalling the comments add-on from themehouse.
All three date add-ons to change date/time of a post seem to run next to each other without any issues now.

Hello @AndyB,

will it be possible, maybe in a later version, to Change the date to a date in the future?
Example - Someone creates 24 posting for an advent calendar today and every day at midnight the "posting for the day" will be visible.

Thank you for your support.

Kind regads
Mike

Nobita has a very reduced version of his schedule also for xf2.
If you use it, you may change "moderated" to "deleted"; then there are no items in the approve-queue.

With the date add-on:

*uncomment the check for future dates in code
*set the post to moderated (batch)
*write a small cron to change moderated to visible

Now we need one more trigger to make a post a schedule post or just set the cron to 23:50 and let him check for post_date between tomorrow 00:00 and 24 hours later.

For this special reason: 24 post you may add a small date-changer to the post:

start=01.12.19 : 00:00:00
fetch all posts from thread x
update first with start
add 24 hours
update second with new start

I have thought about creating a tool for that, but i am too late und very buisy for the next weeks, sorry.
Maybe we talk about for the next year, because i like the idea.

What is the daily surprise? A picture, a link?
How they should be sorted? Random, chosen?

1. Install add-on
2. Choose forum
3. Start the machine
4. Choose one of 24 random pics or pics sorted by name 1 - 24.jpg from dir {x}
5. Add a thread with an empty post for info
6. Add 24 post, insert the date, insert the pic, set status = deleted (not moderated)
7. Add cronjob, checking thread_id, post-position, change "deleted" to "visible" for the {next} post at 00:01
8. deinstall add-on

More ideas, better ideas?

Top Bottom