Change copyright text

Stemis

It allowed to change the copyright text Forum software by XenForo ™ © 2010-2012 XenForo Ltd.. to something like this Forum software by XenForo?

Why would you want to change it in that way anyway?

I can understand people wanting to remove it, but not alter the wording in a very minor way.

Ok.

But unfortunately the same applies, you cannot even change the Copyright text, as per the license agreement:

All copies of the Software must contain the same proprietary notices that appear on and in the Software, including all copyright notices embedded in the Software, which must remain unaltered from the original and visible at all times, unless by specific prior arrangement with XenForo Limited.

All I can suggest is if you wanted to make such a change is to write a support ticket asking permission to do so. However the License terms are quite clear, so don't be surprised if the answer is still "No."

If I were the owner of the copyright I'd be reviewing the requirement for this copyright link in view of the latest Google algo. The rug from under sitewide footer links has been well and truly pulled, they would be much better to ask for a single page on the site expounding the virtues of Xenforo. I personally would also find this less link spamy and much more professional.

I'll be honest the copyright doesn't bother me one bit. It's not intrusive and the text is small. If it's that bothersome dig deep and purchase branding removal = problem solved.

I have no problem with copyrights in the footer.... ie... 1 line, 1 link, per product

XenForo's is just fine right were it is. :)

I've never paid for removal and honestly, never will.

My vBulletin copyrights from everything I installed, was a joke (privately and publicly)

Example....

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Line 5
Line 6
Line 7
Line 8
Line 9
Line 10
Line 11
Line 12
Line 13
Line 14
Line 15
Line 16
Line 17
Line 18
Line 19
Line 20
Line 21
Line 22

.............. I think you get the idea.

So buy the Copyright removal option, the choice is yours. That's what I did, as I did not liked the Copyright neither.
I'll be honest the copyright doesn't bother me one bit. It's not intrusive and the text is small. If it's that bothersome dig deep and purchase branding removal = problem solved.
I'm not paying $250 to remove a link on the footer of my forum. I've not got a problem with the text. just the link.

I'm not paying $250 to remove a link on the footer of my forum. I've not got a problem with the text. just the link.

That's your choice, and I respect your decision but that is your only solution which is available if the link is that troublesome to you. :)

Is your choice... then you should not have a problem with the link also, as you need rights to remove it.
Me too I don't like that Facebook is more popular than my site. :) Cheers

Top Bottom