1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change copyright text

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Sasa, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

It allowed to change the copyright text Forum software by XenForo ™ © 2010-2012 XenForo Ltd.. to something like this Forum software by XenForo?

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, the copyright must be left entact as is.

If you wish to edit / remove it you would need to purchase branding free.

Sasa and Chris D like this.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Why would you want to change it in that way anyway?

I can understand people wanting to remove it, but not alter the wording in a very minor way.

4. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

I did not mean to remove copyright text.
    Copyright text is too long in my opinion and I believe that it is no problem to have such an opinion.

ragtek, HenrikHansen and Akela like this.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Ok.

But unfortunately the same applies, you cannot even change the Copyright text, as per the license agreement:

6. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

I have wanted to change it for cosmetic reasons, not remove but just alter the wording. IMO the text is too long, but i'm not going to pay that hefty fee just to alter it to fit in with themes I make.

Ashley.S. and ragtek like this.
  7. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All I can suggest is if you wanted to make such a change is to write a support ticket asking permission to do so. However the License terms are quite clear, so don't be surprised if the answer is still "No."

Chris D likes this.
  8. Hackfall

Hackfall Member

If I were the owner of the copyright I'd be reviewing the requirement for this copyright link in view of the latest Google algo. The rug from under sitewide footer links has been well and truly pulled, they would be much better to ask for a single page on the site expounding the virtues of Xenforo. I personally would also find this less link spamy and much more professional.

9. akia

akia Well-Known Member

I don't mind the text it's self but I'm not a fan of the link.

10. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

So buy the Copyright removal option, the choice is yours. That's what I did, as I did not liked the Copyright neither.

11. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'll be honest the copyright doesn't bother me one bit. It's not intrusive and the text is small. If it's that bothersome dig deep and purchase branding removal = problem solved.

12. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I have no problem with copyrights in the footer.... ie... 1 line, 1 link, per product

XenForo's is just fine right were it is. :)

I've never paid for removal and honestly, never will.

My vBulletin copyrights from everything I installed, was a joke (privately and publicly)

Example....

Line 1
    Line 2
    Line 3
    Line 4
    Line 5
    Line 6
    Line 7
    Line 8
    Line 9
    Line 10
    Line 11
    Line 12
    Line 13
    Line 14
    Line 15
    Line 16
    Line 17
    Line 18
    Line 19
    Line 20
    Line 21
    Line 22

.............. I think you get the idea.

13. akia

akia Well-Known Member

I'm not paying $250 to remove a link on the footer of my forum. I've not got a problem with the text. just the link.

14. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

That's your choice, and I respect your decision but that is your only solution which is available if the link is that troublesome to you. :)

15. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Is your choice... then you should not have a problem with the link also, as you need rights to remove it.
    Me too I don't like that Facebook is more popular than my site. :) Cheers