Lack of interest Change avatar file size permission to kilobytes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Karelke

We have set avatar file size to 100 kb, the permission field requires bytes. It's not an issue to manually convert the value from kilobytes to bytes, but I noticed 102400 bytes does not visually fit the text field (see screenshot below). Therefore I wonder: why is the field not requiring a value in kilobytes? Who uses avatars with a size less than 1 kilobyte anyway?

Screenshot from 2014-08-22 11:51:14.webp

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's due to the translated phrase, pushing the second column over.

I'll move this to bugs just in case.

Although in my testing, the width of the input doesn't change, it just gets pushed over along with the spinboxes.

This is more likely down to OS rendering choices. That said, we do actually have size=5 set on all numeric permission inputs. This is something that applies to all of them though; setting something to 6+ digits is an outlier generally.

Interestingly, there isn't a spec for what size=X means explicitly. It's sort of ambiguous when you think about. In a variable width font, is it X W's? M's? I's? There is definite room for interpretation there.

But anyway, moving back to suggestions.

Top Bottom