• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RM 1.2 Change afterwards from "no attachment" to "with attachment"

snoopy5

Hi

I just realized that as soon as I have set a Resource to "no attachment", I can no longer afterwards add an attachment, if I try to edit later that resource.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

snoopy5

If the category and resource are defined as not having a file then no, you can't add one.
Hi

I do not understand the logic behind this. If I want to edit a resource, which had no attachement before, I shall be able to add an attachment afterwards. I mean what is the point of editing something, if I can not edit every option?

Is there a way to change that with phpmyadmin directly in the database? If yes, where exactly?

snoopy5

Hi

I do not understand the logic behind this. If I want to edit a resource, which had no attachement before, I shall be able to add an attachment afterwards. I mean what is the point of editing something, if I can not edit every option?

Is there a way to change that with phpmyadmin directly in the database? If yes, where exactly?
Go with phpmyadmin to the table "xf_resource" and change the value in the column "is_fileless" to "0" (zero)

After that go into the RM (front end) with your browser, select your resource and click on change it/update it. The field is now again visible and you can add an attachment now.