RM 1.2 Change afterwards from "no attachment" to "with attachment"

snoopy5

Hi

I just realized that as soon as I have set a Resource to "no attachment", I can no longer afterwards add an attachment, if I try to edit later that resource.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

If the category and resource are defined as not having a file then no, you can't add one.

Hi

I do not understand the logic behind this. If I want to edit a resource, which had no attachement before, I shall be able to add an attachment afterwards. I mean what is the point of editing something, if I can not edit every option?

Is there a way to change that with phpmyadmin directly in the database? If yes, where exactly?

Hi

I do not understand the logic behind this. If I want to edit a resource, which had no attachement before, I shall be able to add an attachment afterwards. I mean what is the point of editing something, if I can not edit every option?

Is there a way to change that with phpmyadmin directly in the database? If yes, where exactly?

Go with phpmyadmin to the table "xf_resource" and change the value in the column "is_fileless" to "0" (zero)

After that go into the RM (front end) with your browser, select your resource and click on change it/update it. The field is now again visible and you can add an attachment now.

Top Bottom