CDN via FTP

x4rl

Been away for sometime and "trying" to catch up. Is there an option to use CDN via FTP?

Had a search and all I seem to find is maxcdn etc....

Cheers

What is FTP? :)
From a guy who knows everything I guess your taking the piss out me for using FTP ;)
Well I have two servers and though why not store images on the other. If there is a better way than ftp i'm all ears.

Is there an option to use CDN via FTP?

Add to config.php ???
PHP:
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'ftp://ftp.site.com/data';

Don't know why you'd want to though - that would be terribly slow with handshaking etc.

Well I have two servers and though why not store images on the other. If there is a better way than ftp i'm all ears.
Just to understand better, you want to sync on a regular basis the files between 2 Linux servers? Are you referring to using attachments and images on a different server? For example, you store the php files on server1 and images on server2. If yes, what web server do you use?

Just to understand better, you want to sync on a regular basis the files between 2 Linux servers?
Well not really, All attachments on say Server B and the rest of xenforo on Server A. Make sense? I'm just thinking out loud here :D

Ya, I thought so. FTP wont work. :)
What web server you use? With Nginx is very easy to achieve this:
Code:
location /data {
        proxy_pass http://internalip:internalport
}
This will always push your images to the second server. Read the documentation how to set it up properly.

Ya, I thought so. FTP wont work. :)
What web server you use? With Nginx is very easy to achieve this:
Code:
location /data {
        proxy_pass http://internalip:internalport
}
This will always push your images to the second server. Read the documentation how to set it up properly.
Aye I'm on Nginx thanks Floren.

Aye I'm on Nginx thanks Floren.
If you want to be fancy, use nginx as load balancer and sync the attachments in between the 2 servers.
Personally, I would use one machine for web and the other for db. Nginx is crazy fast to server static files.

If you want to be fancy, use nginx as load balancer and sync the attachments in between the 2 servers.
Personally, I would use one machine for web and the other for db. Nginx is crazy fast to server static files.
It would have to be mega basic for me to do it :p I think the proxy_pass part would be pushing my skills lol.

Top Bottom