1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Category URLs romanizaion

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Ahmed, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I'm doing some tests of importing from a VB4 forum that uses Arabic language, but I'm having a small problem:
    After importing I noticed that category URLs contain romanized category titles, and they look really weird.

Is there a way to disable category links romanization when importing (or at least remove titles all together from URLs and keep only category IDs)?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information > Romanize Titles in URLs

Ahmed likes this.
  3. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

That option is unchecked by default, and category links are romanized when importing with that option unchecked.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It is needed to make IDs that are processed the same way across browsers. You can workaround it by enabling the "Create Pages for Categories" option.

Amaury likes this.
  5. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I know about the "Create Pages for Categories" option, but I like the hash idea more. :D
    Isn't it possible to use only IDs in category links?

6. Mike

You would need to modify the code to do that (and it's generally not what most of our customers would want).

Ahmed likes this.
  7. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

OK, thanks. :)

8. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I enabled the "Create Pages for Categories" option, but the category links when hovering on them while I'm on forum home are still romanized, is that a normal behavior or a bug?
    When I click on them a new page opens and the category title part in the URL bar changes to Arabic characters as it supposed to.

9. Mike

There's a bug relating to caching here. I've sorted it for the next release now, thanks.

Ahmed likes this.