• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Category URLs romanizaion

Ahmed

I'm doing some tests of importing from a VB4 forum that uses Arabic language, but I'm having a small problem:
After importing I noticed that category URLs contain romanized category titles, and they look really weird.

Is there a way to disable category links romanization when importing (or at least remove titles all together from URLs and keep only category IDs)?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It is needed to make IDs that are processed the same way across browsers. You can workaround it by enabling the "Create Pages for Categories" option.

Ahmed

It is needed to make IDs that are processed the same way across browsers. You can workaround it by enabling the "Create Pages for Categories" option.
I know about the "Create Pages for Categories" option, but I like the hash idea more. :D
Isn't it possible to use only IDs in category links?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You would need to modify the code to do that (and it's generally not what most of our customers would want).

Ahmed

I enabled the "Create Pages for Categories" option, but the category links when hovering on them while I'm on forum home are still romanized, is that a normal behavior or a bug?
When I click on them a new page opens and the category title part in the URL bar changes to Arabic characters as it supposed to.