RM 2.2 Category Totals - Fix or Remove

CivilWarTalk

So this is a 2 part question...

Part 1

I have a lot of resources that have the "Does not have a file" option set, and as such, they don't advance the count in the category listing. So, I end up with several categories with many multiple listings, and a Zero count, and so members think they are empty, when they really aren't...​
I don't know if it's possible to configure XFRM to count resources with No File, but my setup doesn't seem to want to do that. Anyone have a suggestion, I haven't found a configuration rule, or a thread discussing this issue.​

Part 2

If I can't solve Part 1, I've been poking around in the templates, and I haven't quite figured out what code I need to adjust so that I can remove the category "count" in the Resource Manger sidebar. It's just confusing, so I'd like to hide this from users....​
1622124296071.webp
Can I put something in EXTRA.LESS to get rid of this field?​

I have a lot of resources that have the "Does not have a file" option set, and as such, they don't advance the count in the category listing. So, I end up with several categories with many multiple listings, and a Zero count, and so members think they are empty, when they really aren't...
That's not how it's supposed to work and you can confirm that here. For example:

Very few of the resources in that category have files but you can see the total counts all of them (12).

Generally, this would be an add-on that's interfering.

You can go to Tools > Rebuild caches and there are some "XFRM" related options. Notably, I'd probably rebuild your resources and then the resource categories. If that fixes it, keep an eye on whether it keeps happening (the counts will become incorrect). If it doesn't fix it, you likely need to disable add-ons (other than the RM) one-by-one and rebuild in between until it does fix it. At that point, you'll identify which add-on is interfering.

That's not how it's supposed to work and you can confirm that here. For example:

Very few of the resources in that category have files but you can see the total counts all of them (12).

Generally, this would be an add-on that's interfering.

You can go to Tools > Rebuild caches and there are some "XFRM" related options. Notably, I'd probably rebuild your resources and then the resource categories. If that fixes it, keep an eye on whether it keeps happening (the counts will become incorrect). If it doesn't fix it, you likely need to disable add-ons (other than the RM) one-by-one and rebuild in between until it does fix it. At that point, you'll identify which add-on is interfering.
Okay, I'll check on that and try to figure out which one it is, I'm guessing it's one of three I can think of. Thanks!

Top Bottom