XF 1.4 Category Title Underline

daudet

I have successfully removed the underlines from my forum listings but items set up with sub forums, I created as categories, which I can't seem to remove the underlines of the title. I have made many attempts with:

text-decoration: none;

That actually worked on the category strip but not a category and as I said only on hover.

upload_2015-1-11_23-42-0.webp

If I hover over Video Archive, the line disappears, as I mentioned about hover. My intent was for Tech Hangout, never to have an underline, as in "In The News"

--Dan

I have considered making a new forum and moving the sub-forums off of the category and deleting the category. I really would like to learn how to fix this stuff though. Also at the same time, I am trying to figure out where the font is for POST NEW THREAD. It seems others have this problem and I believe it is related to being thrown in the breadcrumbs, some of the time.

I've registered as Amaury. Just waiting for approval for the hidden forums.

As a side note, you might want to know that your forum time is 10 minutes and some seconds ahead.

Folks AMaury had a look at this and he didnt have a solution so I just created a new Forum area and move the sub-forums out of the old category and deleted the old category. That is probably, cleaner and more consistent anyways. If someone has some ideas on the POST NEW THREAD button, I would love to hear them. It seems this issue was discussed previously but Im unsure of the solution for Version 1.4.

If this is what you are talking about
Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 11.34.04 PM.webp

and want it to be this

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 11.33.56 PM.webp

Then this should work in EXTRA.css.

Code:
.nodeList .categoryStrip .nodeTitle a {
text-decoration: none;
}

If you are wanting the other node title that has sub-forums below it, try
Code:
.node .nodeText .nodeTitle a {
text-decoration:none;
}

If you want to provide me with a test account (you can give the logon info to me in convo) I'll be happy to take a look. I don't register on sites that I'm not really interested in participating in.

That wasn't the main issue. If you register you will see that I had some forum areas that were categories that had sub forums. No matter what I did for those the underline remained. There are just a handful of those so I will recreate new forum areas and move the sub-forums into the new forum (out of categories) and then delete the old one.

Any idea on the POST NEW THREAD issue?

Top Bottom