1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Category Title Underline

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by daudet, Jan 12, 2015.

1. daudet

daudet Member

I have successfully removed the underlines from my forum listings but items set up with sub forums, I created as categories, which I can't seem to remove the underlines of the title. I have made many attempts with:

text-decoration: none;

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Code:
    .nodeList .categoryStrip .nodeTitle a:hover {
        text-decoration: none; }

3. daudet

daudet Member

That would only do it for hover. Also where would you put that? Extra.css ?

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Yes. If it doesn't work, try adding an !impotant declaration to it.

5. daudet

daudet Member

That didn't work.
    It is getting it from here.

upload_2015-1-11_23-26-16.png

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're trying to change just so I can make sure we're on the same page.

7. daudet

daudet Member

That actually worked on the category strip but not a category and as I said only on hover.

upload_2015-1-11_23-42-0.png

If I hover over Video Archive, the line disappears, as I mentioned about hover. My intent was for Tech Hangout, never to have an underline, as in "In The News"

--Dan

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you provide a link to your site?

Just to clarify, you don't want an underline on Tech Hangout when it's not being hovered over, correct?

9. daudet

daudet Member

10. daudet

daudet Member

I have considered making a new forum and moving the sub-forums off of the category and deleting the category. I really would like to learn how to fix this stuff though. Also at the same time, I am trying to figure out where the font is for POST NEW THREAD. It seems others have this problem and I believe it is related to being thrown in the breadcrumbs, some of the time.

11. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I've registered as Amaury. Just waiting for approval for the hidden forums.

As a side note, you might want to know that your forum time is 10 minutes and some seconds ahead.

12. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Doing some investigating, the problem only occurs in Chrome and Internet Explorer, but it's fine in Firefox.

Perhaps @Tracy Perry or @Russ can chime in here. (You'll need to register and be approved.)

13. daudet

daudet Member

Folks AMaury had a look at this and he didnt have a solution so I just created a new Forum area and move the sub-forums out of the old category and deleted the old category. That is probably, cleaner and more consistent anyways. If someone has some ideas on the POST NEW THREAD button, I would love to hear them. It seems this issue was discussed previously but Im unsure of the solution for Version 1.4.

14. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If this is what you are talking about
    Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 11.34.04 PM.png

and want it to be this

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 11.33.56 PM.png

Then this should work in EXTRA.css.

Code:
    .nodeList .categoryStrip .nodeTitle a {
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    If you are wanting the other node title that has sub-forums below it, try
    Code:
    .node .nodeText .nodeTitle a {
    text-decoration:none;
    }
    If you want to provide me with a test account (you can give the logon info to me in convo) I'll be happy to take a look. I don't register on sites that I'm not really interested in participating in.

15. daudet

daudet Member

That wasn't the main issue. If you register you will see that I had some forum areas that were categories that had sub forums. No matter what I did for those the underline remained. There are just a handful of those so I will recreate new forum areas and move the sub-forums into the new forum (out of categories) and then delete the old one.

Any idea on the POST NEW THREAD issue?

16. daudet

daudet Member

Actually that did work! AMaury was on the right track before.

Thanks!!!

I still need help with the POST NEW THREAD issue though?

17. Tracy Perry

The code I supplied worked?
    What Post New Thread issue?

It may be specific to your style.. but without having access I can't tell you for sure.

18. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Post new thread inherits the font family from the button class(by default).

Style Properties -> Buttons.

19. daudet

daudet Member

I found another solution too. You can do this...

Under
    You can go to LINKS and do No Text Decorations

Now that will remove it from most things, but Im wondering if you specify it somewhere else if it would override that.

20. Tracy Perry

Until somebody starts doing weird stuff with preceded by xb.. :ROFLMAO:
    Apex has been driving me Ape working with tonight.