Lack of interest Category/Subcategory improvements

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr Lucky

Often you want to use a category merely as a heading for a number of subcategories. So you make a parent category that nobody can add media to.

The problem is this is a bit clunky because if people click on that it appears to be exactly what is is, a category they can't add media to.

Currently it does open the subcategory menu and on the right it's either a blank page with the message:

No media has been added yet. And no option to add media - (a bit better would be a message saying, please click on a subcategory)

Or if the subcatories have media it shows all of those thumbnails, but with clue about which subcategory they are in.

I would like if the subcategories had a thumbnail, so when the parent category opens, it shows you thumbnails of its subcategories.

I think there are other good options to making this better, including some other suggestions that have been made, e.g. sub albums:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/sub-albums.87258/

Or this, which is associated (users creat albums within a category)

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/let-users-make-their-own-categories-sub-forums.87233/

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would like if the subcategories had a thumbnail, so when the parent category opens, it shows you thumbnails of its subcategories.
Just to let you know on this bit, you can set thumbnails to display the category in Style Properties > XFMG Elements. Tick the option "Display media category/album on media info overlay". The overlay can also be set in the Style Properties to always be visible rather than just on hover.

Just to let you know on this bit, you can set thumbnails to display the category in Style Properties > XFMG Elements. Tick the option "Display media category/album on media info overlay". The overlay can also be set in the Style Properties to always be visible rather than just on hover.
Ah, OK well that's good to know.

(No I won't ask again if there is an instruction manual anywhere )

Top Bottom