Lack of interest Categories Need URL Portion Option...

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Categories aren't used in XF except for the ID tag at the end (so that the page scrolls to the specified category), so having a URL portion for it would be redundant IMO...

That's not strictly true as you can have categories appear as pages.

categories.webp

In which case the url then appears appended with the node id as follows: community/categories/formula-one.1/

anyway,.. i would like to have the 'Private Administration Forum (Team Member & Venture Capitalists)' show as /administration/

So this has my vote.

Love being able to specify a url portion for forums and for pages, but would like to do the same for categories and link forums. Is there a technical reason why this can't be done? If not, I'd submit it would be a useful feature. TIA!

Currently trying to get ride of the numbers at the end of category links.

/community/#some-category.3

I've customised every other node and and find it odd that we can't customise these to keep everything consistent.

It doesn't look like it can be done from the node options in the ACP and I can't seem to get a route filter to alter it.

Anyone know how to remove the number from category links?

I don't think that you can use route filters, as that isn't strictly a route - it is an anchor.

If you have categories opening up in pages, route filters work perfectly.

Ahh right of course.

They're not opening up in pages, I just want to tidy up the on page category anchors as they'll likely be linked out to other places to share with people and we want all the urls to be clean without numbers

Top Bottom