XF 2.1 Can't upload BMP images

diego222

Hi.

I have set the max size of images to 5.120 KB (5 MB), and the server limit is 20.480 KB..... ok.... I upload a 100 KB images and without problem, but when I try to upload an image of only 2.5 MB (remember, I had set the limit to 5 MB) it gives me error and can't upload (normal users, admin, superadmin.....). I contacted to my hosting compnay and they didn't saw any problemes on server

THen I realized tht the problem only exist when I try to upload a .BMP image (100 KB, 1 MB.. it doesn't matter). And here on xenforo.com the same, can't upload bmp images.

What's the problem with bmp images?

Last edited:
And another problem... why can't upload images with the following characters:

' and ®

for example "Assassin's Creed® Odyssey_20190407195729" on xenforo.com can upload perfectly, but on my web I cant

Hi.

I have set the max size of images to 5.120 KB (5 MB), and the server limit is 20.480 KB..... ok.... I upload a 100 KB images and without problem, but when I try to upload an image of only 2.5 MB (remember, I had set the limit to 5 MB) it gives me error and can't upload (normal users, admin, superadmin.....). I contacted to my hosting compnay and they didn't saw any problemes on server

THen I realized tht the problem only exist when I try to upload a .BMP image (100 KB, 1 MB.. it doesn't matter). And here on xenforo.com the same, can't upload bmp images.

What's the problem with bmp images?
AdminCP >> Setup >> Options >> Attachments

What do you have listed here? If it doesn't include bmp, that's likely your problem.

allowed-attachments.png

And another problem... why can't upload images with the following characters:

' and ®

for example "Assassin's Creed® Odyssey_20190407195729" on xenforo.com can upload perfectly, but on my web I cant
Are those characters in the URL? And what is the extension?

Does your database configuration support UTF-8? or utf8mb4?

Last edited:
AdminCP >> Setup >> Options >> Attachments

What do you have listed here? If it doesn't include bmp, that's likely your problem.

View attachment 224039

Are those characters in the URL? And what is the extension?

Does your database configuration support UTF-8? or utf8mb4?

Doesn't worked despite adding the ".bmp" extension to that list. And the other problem was mod_security problem (already solved by my hosting company).

Top Bottom