1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Can't upload attachments

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by CyberAP, Mar 7, 2016.

1. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean on a resource or post here?
    On your own site?

I just managed to upload the .zip to both a post and resource here without issue.

3. CyberAP

Everywhere on this site.
    Yesterday I had the same problem but it didn't gave me an error, just took a long time to upload. This time I can't upload anything. It just gets to 100% and after some time brings an error message: "There was a problem uploading your file." I also noticed it happens for all attachments, not just this one.

Tested this on localhost. It works fine there.

Checked console:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
    attachment_editor.js?_v=5c8fb20e:12 Upload failed: Arguments[3]

Also, Error #2038.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  4. CyberAP

Now I have connection reset even on post save! I suppose this is host-related?

5. CyberAP

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you disable the flash uploader in your preferences and try again? Sometimes swfupload masks a decent error message.

7. CyberAP

Seems this issue is nor browser or flash-related. Tested attachments in Firefox, Edge — same problem. Tested pasting big amounts of data — same problem. HTML uploader — same problem.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This really seems like a connection issue on your side or at least between you and the server (not XenForo the software as it won't have been invoked yet). For example, there could be packet loss on the route to the server.

9. CyberAP

How can I check that?
    I did trace route and here are the results: http://pastebin.com/UfyRrqB1
    Ping didn't show any packet loss even after 35 tries.
    This issue occurs only on XenForo.com and only with big amounts of data.

10. CyberAP

With all respect, your assumption is wrong.
    I just tested it again and again. Files start to upload, but then eventually at some point server responds with error 2038.
    To prove that here is the console log again:

Code:
    Queued: velour.zip (33755 bytes)
    attachment_editor.js?_v=5c8fb20e:11 Uploading velour.zip
    file_uploader.js?_v=5c8fb20e:8 Uploaded 0/33755 bytes.
    file_uploader.js?_v=5c8fb20e:8 Uploaded 34910/33755 bytes.
    https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/do-upload.json?hash=539f1df09962bc8f448a47de5a8e297d&content_type=resource_version&key=resource Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
    jquery.min.js:4 POST https://xenforo.com/community/resources/velour.5080/save-draft net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESETsend @ jquery.min.js:4n.extend.ajax @ jquery.min.js:4c.extend.ajax @ xenforo.js?_v=5c8fb20e:228XenForo.BbCodeWysiwygEditor.saveDraft @ bb_code_edit.js?_v=5c8fb20e:38(anonymous function) @ bb_code_edit.js?_v=5c8fb20e:37
    attachment_editor.js?_v=5c8fb20e:12 Upload failed: [Object, -220, "Error #2038"]
    attachment_editor.js?_v=5c8fb20e:12 All files uploaded.
    BTW, to post this I had to wait about 30-40 seconds. But usually it takes 1 or 2.

11. CyberAP

Update: issue has gone with a combination of FireFox + HTML Uploader.
    Update 2: works with Flash uploader in Edge.
    Update 3: somehow issue has gone even in Chrome. I guess something has changed.

12. Brogan

Have you tried disabling the Flash uploader as Chris suggested?

I have seen reference to that causing #2038 errors.

13. CyberAP

I did yesterday, that didn't help. Today it's working both with Flash and HTML and I don't know why. But literally 5 minutes before I couldn't upload anything.

14. Brogan

We haven't made any changes so the only thing it can be is something specific to you - network, device, connection, etc.

No-one else seems to be having issues uploading files using various browsers, devices and OS, with the Flash uploader enabled.

15. CyberAP

I know, XenForo.com is the only site that I'm having trouble with uploading files. Next time it happens I will try to disable Chrome extensions 1 by 1 to see if that affects anything.

16. CyberAP

It's happening again right now. I am using Chrome Incognito mode with all extensions disabled. Plus only HTML uploader. And it's failing, again. Here is what console got to say:

Code:
    Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
    jquery.min.js:2 Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to read the 'contentDocument' property from 'HTMLIFrameElement': Blocked a frame with origin "https://xenforo.com" from accessing a frame with origin "null".  The frame requesting access has a protocol of "https", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "data". Protocols must match.
    Edit: can't make long posts either.

17. CyberAP

Then I enabled Flash uploader, console log: http://pastebin.com/DKLVTyDy

Notice how it uploads more data than required, is this by design?
    What should I do to fix this if it's a problem on my side?

18. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Have you tried to upload the file connecting to a different network?

19. CyberAP

No, I don't have another network.

20. XenBurger

XenBurger Member

Testing. Having the same problem on our forums.

Attached Files: