1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Upload Any Images.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by jor956, Aug 25, 2011.

1. jor956

jor956 Active Member

I have a problem where I cannot upload any images at all, be it an avatar, an upload in a post, or anything else, could somebody take a look here, and tell me what's wrong, this didn't happen to my previous installation, is there something wrong with how I've done it?
    -Thanks. ;)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. jor956

jor956 Active Member

I just chmodded them now, for some reason I didn't need to on my previous installation; I just get never ending loading in the top right of the screen, chmodding everything didn't change it either.
  4. jor956

jor956 Active Member

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try the .htaccess fix.

#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
    #    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
    #<IfModule mod_security.c>
    #    SecFilterEngine Off
    #    SecFilterScanPOST Off
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I registered on your forum and tested some uploads. Small images work fine. But larger images stall like you described.

Two similar threads:

1) http://xenforo.com/community/threads/certain-avatars-refuses-to-upload.18769/

This guy was running Litespeed which had a bug with uploading files. Upgrading Litespeed fixed it.

2) http://xenforo.com/community/thread...n-time-exceeded-when-uploading-avatars.17982/

This guy apparently had a problem with Imagemagick. No specific fix was reported. The problem just randomly went away.
  7. jor956

jor956 Active Member

I have never heard of Imagemagick or Litespeed in my life, ahha, I'll keep looking for a way to figure this out.
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Those are applications your host would deal with if your on shared.
  9. jor956

jor956 Active Member

I see, well, it doesn't seem to work at all, so I guess it's something to do with the host, I have suggested a different host to the owner, but It's up to them whether they'll try it :p