Can't upgrade to RC3 (from RC2)

dmnkhhn

Hey guys,

I can't upgrade from RC2 to RC3… XenForo RC2 is installed on my local server.

I created a new folder, moved all files from the upgrade package to that folder and copied 'data', 'internal_data' and 'config.php' from the RC2 folder to the new location.

When I open the installation (new folder) I get the message that the forums are currently updated. When I open the installer I get 'Your server meets all of XenForo requirements and you're now ready to begin installation.'

It worked when I upgraded from RC1 to RC2 - what am I doing wrong here?

Edit:
The first error message I get is 'You have already completed installation. If you wish to reinstall, please delete the file internal_data/install-lock.php.' - Removing that files gives me the message from above.

Edit 2:
Strange, I got it working by typing in the path to the upgrade process by hand.

Problem solved, thanks. ;)

I created a new folder, moved all files from the upgrade package to that folder and copied 'data', 'internal_data' and 'config.php' from the RC2 folder to the new location.
For reference, why are you doing it this way?

All you need to do is upload the new files overwriting the old ones.

The Mac Finder replaces folders including all files instead of merging them. :)
I wasn't sure if the upgrade package contains all files and I didn't want to risk losing a file when overwriting the folders.

On my server, I am using either Transmit (syncing) or rsync but this is only my local development server.

The Mac Finder replaces folders including all files instead of merging them. :)
So there's no way of merging folders on a Mac?
That seems like a fairly big limitation.

I wasn't sure if the upgrade package contains all files and I didn't want to risk losing a file when overwriting the folders.
The upgrade package doesn't contain the following:
  • .htaccess
  • config.php
  • /data
  • /internal_data

Top Bottom