Can't upgrade: Protocol s3:// is already defined

Minecraftly

I couldn't upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 (or 1.5.4)

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/f8a80044c38347d0a8e5d87ee7b17b49

Code:
Failed to get controller response and reroute to error handler (XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade::actionrun)
An exception occurred: stream_register_wrapper(): Protocol s3:// is already defined. in /minecraftly/library/Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php on line 940

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
stream_register_wrapper() in Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php at line 940
Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->registerStreamWrapper() in config.php at line 17
require() in XenForo/Application.php at line 616
XenForo_Application->loadConfig() in XenForo/Application.php at line 265
XenForo_Application->loadDefaultData() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.php at line 10
XenForo_Install_Controller_Abstract->_preDispatchFirst() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 350
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /minecraftly/install/index.php at line 18

This relates to customizations you have made, likely in your config.php file. You may need to remove them or change how they're defined. I guess an add-on told you to make the changes, so it'd be best to contact the author.

This relates to customizations you have made, likely in your config.php file. You may need to remove them or change how they're defined. I guess an add-on told you to make the changes, so it'd be best to contact the author.
Here's my config, it only deals with Xenforo add-ons, not any third party ones:

Code:
<?php

$config['db']['host'] = 'masked';
$config['db']['port'] = '3306';
$config['db']['username'] = 'masked';
$config['db']['password'] = 'masked';
$config['db']['dbname'] = 'masked';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

$_SERVER['HTTPS'] = 'on';

$config['enableGzip'] = true;

require_once 'Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php';
$s3 = new Zend_Service_Amazon_S3('masked', 'masked');//credentials of iam user with s3 permissions
$s3->registerStreamWrapper("s3");

$config['externalDataPath'] = 's3://d.m.ly';
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'https://d.m.ly'; //this address can be the s3 address or another address that utilises a CDN

$config['passwordIterations'] = 12;

#$config['cookie'] = array(
#    'prefix' => 'xf_',
#    'path' => '/',
#    'domain' => 'c.m.ly'
#);

$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = false; //Disable if randomly kicked from admin panel
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Memcached';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
    'compression' => true,
    'servers' => array(
        array(
            // your memcached server IP /address
            'host' => 'masked',

// memcached port
            'port' => 1111,
        )
    )
);

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'])) { $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP']; }

Can you help let me know what should be fixed?

Just to clarify, that isn't really something we officially support. But you might need to temporarily remove it during the upgrade or add additional code to ensure that it isn't triggered multiple times (as config.php can be included multiple times in the upgrade system).

Just to clarify, that isn't really something we officially support. But you might need to temporarily remove it during the upgrade or add additional code to ensure that it isn't triggered multiple times (as config.php can be included multiple times in the upgrade system).
I've fixed it by disabling Memcached in the config, interesting.

What do you mean by not officially support this? I use Media add-on by Xenforo, and enabled S3 feature for that add-on to work (used Zend built into Xenforo), so I'm confused as to why you don't officially support it?

You've added additional custom code and are using something that isn't documented to work (such as a cache) or configurable via the UI. I'm not saying it won't work, but if you have problems with files like that, you'd need to disable it for debugging.

You've added additional custom code and are using something that isn't documented to work (such as a cache) or configurable via the UI. I'm not saying it won't work, but if you have problems with files like that, you'd need to disable it for debugging.
I'm not saying that you don't have the right to not support it, but I'm still confused. The reason is because Memcached config is documented in here https://xenforo.com/help/cache/, and I did exactly that. I try to not configure outside of what Xenforo officially documented to reduce headaches in the future, sometimes errors can still happen.

When it comes to problems like these, I'm a noob, and I need help, where else can I go. So when I see that you don't officially support it, I'm officially worried.

The error in question was generally unrelated to Memcache; I'm not sure why removing that would have changed anything unless there was a separate issue happening there. It's your S3 configuration:
Code:
require_once 'Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php';
$s3 = new Zend_Service_Amazon_S3('masked', 'masked');//credentials of iam user with s3 permissions
$s3->registerStreamWrapper("s3");

Top Bottom