1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Update Member

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Drae, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Drae

Drae Active Member

I have a member that Xenforo won't allow me to update. I think it is due to their email, which goes something like this:

It's a school email if the end is anything to go by. When I try t edit, the software says:

Other than asking him if he has another email (which I don't really want to do), are there any ways to sort this?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That isn't a valid Windows Live e-mail address, is it?

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You could edit the field and remove the Value Match Requirements:

Admin CP -> Users -> Custom User Fields

That would allow you to enter an invalid value when editing the user.

Chris D likes this.
  4. Drae

Drae Active Member

How exactly?

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Wait a moment...

Where are you entering that e-mail address?

The error references Windows Live - are you inputting it into the Windows Live custom user field? Or are you literally just updating his e-mail address field? If you're updating the e-mail address field only, then this error shouldn't be happening unless you've got some stray stuff in that field that you don't need.

Other than that, I can't replicate this problem.

text.text.twonumbers@tased.edu.au

Is a perfectly valid e-mail address, and my installation accepts it fine. Therefore the only explanation is there's some other stray data in one of the fields.

Drae likes this.
  6. Drae

Drae Active Member

I'm doing it via:

Users > Search User (and find) > Email field under the username when you click the user.

I've edited for other accounts before and after trying it for this user and it worked fine - it's just this user where I'm having the problem, which is why I was wondering if it was the email.

Edit: Found the problem! Before conversion he had put, "The Khan" in his Windows Live contact information. *tuts at self* Should have thought to look at that first. Thank for the help, Chris!

Chris D likes this.