XF 1.2 Can't seem to install 1.2 from 1.1.5

denzil

I managed to unzip the upgrade file to my server only to have seemingly mucked up the file system folder for our forum. When I attempt to reach the install URL path (www.yoursite.com/forum/install), I get the error similar to in the attachment. In addition, I get the following server log error:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'bar_production.xf_deferred' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 52
XenForo_Model_Deferred->getStoppedManualDefers() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Home.php at line 56
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Home->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bar/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

Here is more information about my system setup:
  • Which version of XenForo you are running: 1.1.5
  • A list of all add-ons you have installed: Add-on Install & Upgrade, Reset Password from ACP, Tapatalk
  • Any outdated templates or phrases: attempts to look at outdated templates in the ACP return the following error:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 287
XenForo_Model_Template->getTemplatesByIds() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Template.php at line 834
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Template->actionOutdated() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bar/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13
  • Custom styles in use: just a fixed width style that I created
  • Confirmation that all add-ons and styles are compatible with the XenForo version you are running
  • Whether the problem occurs in a specific browser, or more than one browser: not browser specific
  • Whether the issue is experienced by all users or just some: n/a
  • Browser add-ons in use, e.g. Adblock Plus, NoScript, etc.: n/a
  • Any changes which were made prior to the problem occurring: installed Board Active Cron, XenAtendo[Events], and XenPorta add-ons but shortly removed after forum issues with the exception of Board Active Cron which is just disabled now
  • Details of any errors in the ACP server error log (above)
  • Steps to be taken to reproduce the problem and whether it can consistently be reproduced: just visit the install URL
  • Confirmation whether the problem can be reproduced here on XenForo.com: n/a
I'm not entirely sure how much fixing this will take but not sure what the threshold is either before starting fresh. At this point in time there are 60 files that don't have the expected file contents from running the File Health Check due to my attempt to upgrading to 1.2. Is there an easy way to roll back? Do I just take the 1.1.5 upgrade file, unzip it, and replace the contents in the filesystem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 3.08.54 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 3.08.54 AM.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
In case anyone sees this and has a similar experience, the fix was that a few directories were installed with permissions 777, but suphp requires directories to be 755 maximum. Directories were set to 0755 while files were set to 0644.

Top Bottom