XF 1.2 Can't seem to install 1.2 from 1.1.5

denzil

I managed to unzip the upgrade file to my server only to have seemingly mucked up the file system folder for our forum. When I attempt to reach the install URL path (www.yoursite.com/forum/install), I get the error similar to in the attachment. In addition, I get the following server log error:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'bar_production.xf_deferred' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 52
XenForo_Model_Deferred->getStoppedManualDefers() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Home.php at line 56
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Home->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bar/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

Here is more information about my system setup:
  • Which version of XenForo you are running: 1.1.5
  • A list of all add-ons you have installed: Add-on Install & Upgrade, Reset Password from ACP, Tapatalk
  • Any outdated templates or phrases: attempts to look at outdated templates in the ACP return the following error:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 287
XenForo_Model_Template->getTemplatesByIds() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Template.php at line 834
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Template->actionOutdated() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bar/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13
  • Custom styles in use: just a fixed width style that I created
  • Confirmation that all add-ons and styles are compatible with the XenForo version you are running
  • Whether the problem occurs in a specific browser, or more than one browser: not browser specific
  • Whether the issue is experienced by all users or just some: n/a
  • Browser add-ons in use, e.g. Adblock Plus, NoScript, etc.: n/a
  • Any changes which were made prior to the problem occurring: installed Board Active Cron, XenAtendo[Events], and XenPorta add-ons but shortly removed after forum issues with the exception of Board Active Cron which is just disabled now
  • Details of any errors in the ACP server error log (above)
  • Steps to be taken to reproduce the problem and whether it can consistently be reproduced: just visit the install URL
  • Confirmation whether the problem can be reproduced here on XenForo.com: n/a
I'm not entirely sure how much fixing this will take but not sure what the threshold is either before starting fresh. At this point in time there are 60 files that don't have the expected file contents from running the File Health Check due to my attempt to upgrading to 1.2. Is there an easy way to roll back? Do I just take the 1.1.5 upgrade file, unzip it, and replace the contents in the filesystem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 3.08.54 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 3.08.54 AM.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
If you've started the upgrade, you can't roll back without restoring the files and database to the 1.1.5 version.

I would recommend simply reuploading the files and trying to run the upgrade. If you only have 60 files that aren't correct and you can get into the admin CP without having done the upgrade, you've got a bizarre mix of files so all sorts of weird things are going to happen.

Is this the site http://www.bareefers.org/forum/index.php?

There's no indication that it is being upgraded.
Has the upgrade completed?
Yep, that's the one. What would you consider a completed upgrade? After SCPing the zip to the forum folder, I unzipped the files then realized it went to the upload folder (within the public_html/forum/ path). So I did some 'mv'ing of files up a directory since all the content just needed to move from public_html/forum/upload to public_html/forum/. However, I'm sure that somewhere in that process I mucked things up but I made sure to set it back as much as possible. Initially, I attempted to replace the files with the 1.1.5 upgrade zip and the site was functional but still in the same state that it's in now with the 1.2 upgrade files currently in place.

If you've started the upgrade, you can't roll back without restoring the files and database to the 1.1.5 version.

I would recommend simply reuploading the files and trying to run the upgrade. If you only have 60 files that aren't correct and you can get into the admin CP without having done the upgrade, you've got a bizarre mix of files so all sorts of weird things are going to happen.
I have a snapshot of the db prior to the attempted upgrade (kind of wish I did the same for the filesystem, if that would have made any difference?). Would it be helpful to provide which files are out of whack from the File Health Check?

To be absolutely clear, I wasn't able to reach the /install URL so the 'install' process didn't even start, unless you consider uploading/replacing the files as part of the install process.

You can do what Mike suggested and upload the 1.2 files and run the upgrade or roll back to 1.1.5 making sure you replace the database and server files with a recent backup.

The 1.1.5 files can be obtained simply by downloading the .zip from your customer area.

You can do what Mike suggested and upload the 1.2 files and run the upgrade or roll back to 1.1.5 making sure you replace the database and server files with a recent backup.

The 1.1.5 files can be obtained simply by downloading the .zip from your customer area.
If I decide to roll back to 1.1.5, would I just download the upgrade version or the full version?

In the current state, I believe I've uploaded the 1.2 files three times already. Ideally I'd like to upgrade to 1.2 but given the bad state we're in, should I just download the 1.2 upgrade or the full zip? I'm trying to think of the easiest way to fix this. :)

If I decide to roll back to 1.1.5, would I just download the upgrade version or the full version?

In the current state, I believe I've uploaded the 1.2 files three times already. Ideally I'd like to upgrade to 1.2 but given the bad state we're in, should I just download the 1.2 upgrade or the full zip? I'm trying to think of the easiest way to fix this. :)

If your having issues with winscp, I suggest trying filezilla.

If your having issues with winscp, I suggest trying filezilla.
I was actually SCPing from terminal. :)

I ended up using FileZilla since I was having chown/chgrp issues. I originally logged into the server as root but had to chown/chgrp the folders/files for the non-root user.

Ok, I just re-uploaded all the 1.2 upgrade files and now I'm getting the following screen shots when attempting to access our site and to the install URL, respectively. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 1.15.28 AM.webp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 1.11.43 AM.webp

That is a generic error so you will need to check the server error logs to see what the cause is.
Are you talking about the server error logs within XF ACP or the actual server where the forum is hosted? I looked at the messages in our /var/log/ and the only thing that seemed to stand out (and repeated) was:

Code:
Aug  9 01:18:54 new kernel: [2507358.776440] Firewall: *TCP_IN Blocked* IN=venet0 OUT= MAC= SRC=82.221.99.231 DST=173.199.179.86 LEN=48 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=112 ID=39984 PROTO=TCP SPT=23338 DPT=3389 WINDOW=65535 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0
Aug  9 01:20:24 new pure-ftpd: (?@127.0.0.1) [INFO] New connection from 127.0.0.1
Aug  9 01:20:25 new pure-ftpd: (?@127.0.0.1) [INFO] __cpanel__service__auth__ftpd__kc8pE4mC24Dgz0GJlCe2iAzH3XqwqVR0E9jtIAdXd2UwONXvSeBBh3OdLaTw5047 is now logged in

I guess it has something to do with a firewall? I didn't seem to have this problem before.

Ok, so according to the log it says:
Code:
[09-Aug-2013 07:49:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Zend_Registry' not found in /home/bar/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 12

I'm wondering where it went exactly. I see the Registry.php file in the Zend directory which is odd.

I uploaded all the files successfully but still get the same issue. Could it be a file permissions issue? I see different permissions across the entire file structure. Should it be more unified with a few exceptions for "data" and "internal_data?" I see a mixture of 0644, 0755, and 0777 in different folders/files.

Top Bottom