1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Cant seem to change colour of piece of text in discussion list...

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Jay182uk, May 2, 2014.

1. Jay182uk

Jay182uk Member

I've edited the text on my discussion/thread list page successfully so far by adding code to the EXTRA template..
    However, I can't seem to alter the text colour of the 'replies' and 'views' text as displayed in the pic below. It's a light grey, and it's way too light on the background. I want black text. I have also had a fiddle in the discussion_list.css template and I've had no luck either.

This is a link to the forum itself: http://community.mmafederation.com/index.php?forums/general-discussion.4/

Does anybody have any advice/a piece of code that I could insert into EXTRA.css or any other template, to alter the colour of this text directly?

Any help would be awesome.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Style Properties > Color Palette > @mutedTextColor
  3. Jay182uk

Jay182uk Member

Thanks, but I don't want to change the mutedTextColor via color palette because that will effect everywhere else on the forum where that is used.

I want to JUST change the colour of the red circled area on the discussions list, as detailed above.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Try this:
    .pairsJustified dt {
        color: #FF0000 !important;
    Change the color to suit.

Edit: See Sheldon's post below.
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  5. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

No, that will change more than just that area.

.discussionListItems .listBlock .minor > dt {
        color: #FF0000;
    .discussionListItems .listBlock .major > dt {
        color: #FF0000;
    Jay182uk and Amaury like this.
  6. Jay182uk

Jay182uk Member

Hi :) I just tried that, and it DID change the text colour that I wanted to change, but at the expense of the red circled area on the index page of the picture below:

which is bad =/ because I want it as black text on the thread discussion list
    but if the above text that is circled is black, it will obviously be invisible on the black background :(

I'm stuck =/
  7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sheldon! That's what I thought it was, but I couldn't find it when I was inspecting the elements.
  8. Sheldon

Then you should have held off posting what you did. All that did was create more confusion.
    Amaury and Jay182uk like this.
  9. Sheldon

I posted the correct CSS above.
    Amaury and Jay182uk like this.
  10. Jay182uk

Jay182uk Member

that seems to have worked perfectly!! :)

thank you!
  11. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I inspected the wrong part is what it was. I'll strike out my post to avoid potential future confusion.
    Jay182uk likes this.
  12. Jay182uk

Jay182uk Member

Hi, sorry to bother you again, but any chance you have a quick fix for the 'edit' text near the replies/views too? I would like that a darker colour as well.

if its a big thing then no worries, I just realised I forgot to mention it in this thread (see red circle on image below):

thank you!!
  13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

That's controlled via the : @faintTextcolor style property, I'm telling you this because if you feel it's to light there, typically it'll be across the board a lot, so it could be beneficial to darken it. I know with styles with a dark sidebar/light content it's a pain to get it correct in a smooth manner :).

For the link you want:

.discussionListItem .secondRow .controls a {
    color: #000000;
    DEZero and Jay182uk like this.
  14. Jay182uk

Jay182uk Member

thank you my friend! :) big help!